UKBouldering.com

Rubber Soul (Read 2316 times)

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
Rubber Soul
March 20, 2017, 07:57:17 pm
Are feet first in Woodseats worth bothering with these days? Or is Torquil in Llanberis the best service in the UK?

Want to get a final pair of Galileos resoled and they're precious! I had a good service from Torquil before, performance wise, they ​did delaminate after a few weeks but I had them reglued in Spain and they lasted a good time after that. Definitely £25 or whatever it was well worth it.

What's the current best knowledge ukB?

205Chris

• forum hero
#1 Re: Rubber Soul
March 20, 2017, 08:02:45 pm
I'm not sure Feet First in Woodseats are still going. If they are the last pair of shoes I got done there several years ago were shocking. The one in Chesterfield is I think but I've never used them.

If you ignore the fact that they've got a photo of a Boreal Stinger on their website I've had good service from Cheshire Shoe repairs, I've also used Llanberis resoles in the past with no problems. It it was me I'd go with Torquil.

T_B

• forum hero
#2 Re: Rubber Soul
March 20, 2017, 08:16:37 pm
I've had about 4 re-soles with Feet First in the last two years. Drop em off at the Foundry, a wk later pick em up. No complaints, as good as new. Though these are Scarpas I've had re-soled, I doubt 5.10s would feel like a brand new pair of shoes.

tomtom

• forum hero
#3 Re: Rubber Soul
March 20, 2017, 08:28:51 pm
Very happy with the job Torquil did on my Instinct VS and Slippers. £35 each.

skelf

• regular
#4 Re: Rubber Soul
March 24, 2017, 01:18:05 pm
Cheshire can be abit random, i've had a few good pairs from them and also a few pairs of clogs back. my current Cheshire ones have a bit of a lip on them and could do with being ground down abit more.

Word on the street is llanberis (torquil) is the best bet in the UK at the mo, thats where my next set will be going.

Catcheemonkey

• addict
#5 Re: Rubber Soul
March 24, 2017, 01:22:48 pm
+1 for Torquil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erm, sam

• forum hero
#6 Re: Rubber Soul
March 24, 2017, 01:41:48 pm
I've had 4 pairs done at Llanberis resoles. He is the only resoler I've ever gone back to.

dave

#7 Re: Rubber Soul
March 24, 2017, 01:47:44 pm
Based on my extensive sample size of one resole done by Feet First in 1999 and one done by Llanberis in 2013 I would go with Llanberis.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#8 Re: Rubber Soul
March 24, 2017, 02:27:29 pm
I've had a fair few done by Torquil - Dragons, and Miura VS redone in both XSEdge and XSGrip, plus he redid my no-edge Futuras - very happy with them all.  When they came back, they all felt like they were in that sweet-spot of worn-in-but-not-worn-out.  Maybe do not last as long as if from new, but perfect if you are mid-project and don't want to lose RPing time breaking new shoes in (or just want some pain-free kicks for use indoors).  That said, I cannot say if the competition are any better or worse - my only other resoles were by Feet First around 10 years ago (came back as unusable clogs but maybe they have improved in the interim).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal