UKBouldering.com

[Peak][Burbage North][Monochrome][7b] (Read 4204 times)

dave

[Peak][Burbage North][Monochrome][7b]
July 28, 2011, 10:28:12 pm
I couldn't think of a decent name for this, and still can't....

Its the problem underneath Boyager outlined in this thread here. Very good climbing, 7bish. You have the mono of Mono Bulge in the right hand.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 10:58:19 pm by dave »

andy_e

• forum hero
You trying your hardest to outdate the guide already?

dave

Somebody's got to.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Did this last night. Superb problem, another classic prow for the burbage valley, deserves to be on everyones valley ticklist. I agree with the grade at solid 7b. Landing has a couple of blocks (nowhere near as sketchy as Boyager though) so a spotter would've been handy. That said I eventually managed to work a none slappy way on two of the moves which was fine with two pads and no spot.

Also added a circuit filler to the large boulder just downhill from the Monochrome block - Duo Bulge 6b - This climbs the overhanging left arete with two finger pocket from a sit start, swinging right at the top. Pleasant enough.

dave

Nice one loveboy. Good that this is starting to get some traffic.

That thing downhill, is that the block with a prominent crack/seam up the slabby downhill face? When we were there scouse did the left arete of that face from sitter.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
That's the one. Did think one of the footers looked cleaned. Worthwhile as a warmup I thought.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal