UKBouldering.com

Obama wins: Yes yes fucking yes!! (Read 12394 times)

Blunk

• obsessive maniac
Obama wins: Yes yes fucking yes!!
November 05, 2008, 04:51:10 am
I am well pleased.

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
    • http://www.hongkongclimbing.com
#1 Re: Obama wins: Yes yes fucking yes!!
November 05, 2008, 05:15:18 am
you and the rest of the world too....

andy popp

• forum hero
#2 Re: Obama wins: Yes yes fucking yes!!
November 05, 2008, 06:16:15 am
Big congrats.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#3 Re: Obama wins: Yes yes fucking yes!!
November 05, 2008, 06:58:30 am
Just need to wait for the re-count now :lol:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#4 Re: Obama wins: Yes yes fucking yes!!
November 05, 2008, 07:48:21 am
Thank fuck for that. A glimmer of hope.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#5 Re: Obama wins: Yes yes fucking yes!!
November 05, 2008, 07:56:55 am
It's great news!

Wonder if Bush has a personal bodycount target he is trying to reach before the end of his term? He is showing no end of causing mayhem.

dave

#6 Re: Obama wins: Yes yes fucking yes!!
November 05, 2008, 08:59:55 am
I'm amazed that bush didn't manage to fix the election again. You'd think he'd have gone down fighting like saddam.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#7 Re: Obama wins: Yes yes fucking yes!!
November 05, 2008, 09:11:48 am
I'm not big on history but will Bush be remembered as the worst president of all time? Surely nobody has ever done a worse job?!

dave

#8 Re: Obama wins: Yes yes fucking yes!!
November 05, 2008, 09:18:08 am
yeah I recon he's easily surpassed nixon.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#9 Re: Obama wins: Yes yes fucking yes!!
November 05, 2008, 09:29:39 am
Definitely the most unpopular

Dr T

• forum hero
#10 Re: Obama wins: Yes yes fucking yes!!
November 05, 2008, 09:30:50 am
I'm amazed that bush didn't manage to fix the election again. You'd think he'd have gone down fighting like saddam.

it does make you think what might have happened in the world if they hadn't rigged Florida....

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#11 Re: Obama wins: Yes yes fucking yes!!
November 05, 2008, 01:31:31 pm
Obama is an inspiration - this was the result that may just prevent the USA from becoming the most widely despised country in the world (if it isn't already) and to maybe reverse it's decline into the oppressive Christian fundamentalist world power that was inevitable under the Bush mis-administration.

I just hope Obama has the ability to see his vision realised as he's certainly inherited a big old bag of shite from 8 years of Bush.

Some sort of closure in Iraq? The opening of dialogue with Iran? No more overt support for the slow Israeli genocide that is being carried out in Gaza? So many other things he could change; he actually seems to care about science and the environment ffs!

I thought McCain's concession speech was eloquent and almost moving in the way he made clear the significance of Obama's victory in the context of America's racist past. That he delivered his speech level-headed through the boos of his own supporters deserves respect.

And thank fuck we've been saved from the nightmare that would have been Palin. Pro-life and pro-guns? Go figure. I hope she sinks back into obscurity, though instead I suspect we'll see her as the Republican candidate in 2012.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 01:39:05 pm by Bubba, Reason: oops! »

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#12 Re: Obama wins: Yes yes fucking yes!!
November 05, 2008, 01:37:19 pm
I suspect we'll see her as the Democrat candidate in 2012.
Now that would be turn up for the books!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#13 Re: Obama wins: Yes yes fucking yes!!
November 05, 2008, 01:39:51 pm

:lol: Edited - thanks Jon, i've just got out of bed and haven't yet had the required 3 cups of coffee for full mental function.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#14 Re: Obama wins: Yes yes fucking yes!!
November 05, 2008, 01:49:12 pm
I just hope Obama has the ability to see his vision realised as he's certainly inherited a big old bag of shite from 8 years of Bush.

Some sort of closure in Iraq? The opening of dialogue with Iran? No more overt support for the slow Israeli genocide that is being carried out in Gaza? So many other things he could change; he actually seems to care about science and the environment ffs!

Shame he's only got 8 years max to sort it all out, since its likely to take a lot longer.

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
#15 Re: Obama wins: Yes yes fucking yes!!
November 05, 2008, 02:06:06 pm
Shame he's only got 8 years max to sort it all out, since its likely to take a lot longer.

While he can, in all probability, not sort out the vast number of ills that he has inherited from the Bush regime in the 8 years he has in power (making the assumption here that he does get re-elected) at least he can put the wheels in motion to orchestrate some sort of change during this time. It would prove a lot harder to go back to the Bush administrations method of government which constituted "cranking up the fear engine" at any and every point possible if he can show that there is a viable alternative to this.

bluebrad

Blunk

• obsessive maniac
#16 Re: Obama wins: Yes yes fucking yes!!
November 05, 2008, 03:56:32 pm
My first post on this topic was late last night, very good to read all yours this morning.  :)

This morning while getting my coffee one of the ladies said how proud she was to be American again, proud that we had seen thru the bullshit of the past 8 years. Word to that.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#17 Re: Obama wins: Yes yes fucking yes!!
November 05, 2008, 03:58:28 pm
"Today is the dawning of a new error".

Props.

I remember that feeling, when Labour first got in. I heard about it at 3am from the speakers in front of the Dry Dock in Leeds, and laughed my ass off. Lets hope it works out better for you guys.

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
#18 Re: Obama wins: Yes yes fucking yes!!
November 05, 2008, 04:02:10 pm

I thought McCain's concession speech was eloquent and almost moving in the way he made clear the significance of Obama's victory in the context of America's racist past. That he delivered his speech level-headed through the boos of his own supporters deserves respect.

:agree: It was an extremely good speech and the points that you have highlighted were put across well but I have to say that Obama's speech just blew it out of the water. Granted it is probably an easier thing to do from a position of victory but even so it was an absolutely stunning oration. It makes me wish that we had someone who exudes anything like the charisma he does to govern this country (or waiting in the wings to do so) but I think we will be waiting a long time for that.

bluebrad

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#19 Re: Obama wins: Yes yes fucking yes!!
November 05, 2008, 04:23:33 pm
I'm so, so pleased.  :thumbsup:

This bit from his speech properly set me off:
This election had many firsts and many stories that will be told for generations. But one that's on my mind tonight is about a woman who cast her ballot in Atlanta. She's a lot like the millions of others who stood in line to make their voice heard in this election except for one thing - Ann Nixon Cooper is 106 years old.

She was born just a generation past slavery; a time when there were no cars on the road or planes in the sky; when someone like her couldn't vote for two reasons - because she was a woman and because of the colour of her skin.
It's scary to think how until very recently what happened this morning was just an impossible dream to so many people.  And mostly nice to witness good history happening for a change.

Munkii

• stalker
#20 Re: Obama wins: Yes yes fucking yes!!
November 05, 2008, 04:57:36 pm
It's scary to think how until very recently what happened this morning was just an impossible dream to so many people.

martin luther's speach: i have a dream.

now the dreams of so many others have come true aswell.

history has been created, and i am glad i have witnessed it, this will be something that will be remembered forever.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#21 Re: Obama wins: Yes yes fucking yes!!
November 05, 2008, 05:22:50 pm
Maybe I missed something (late counting of postal votes :shrug:) but being that victory at the polls has been declared I think Google need to refine their advertising algorithm....

I can envisage hordes of rednecks running out to vote now  :lol:

Hang on, scratch that, they probably haven't sussed out how to use computers yet.

n_man

• obsessive maniac
#22 Re: Obama wins: Yes yes fucking yes!!
November 06, 2008, 03:33:46 am
Just listened to Obamas victory speech in full. That's the third one that has brought a lump to the back of my throat (the first Yes We Can speech and A More Perfect Union). I'm a 32 year old white male. I can't imagine how many African Americans are feeling.

dave

#23 Re: Obama wins: Yes yes fucking yes!!
November 07, 2008, 11:21:29 am
it seems that with bush on the way out the current holder of the position of "world's 2nd most idiotic leader" is pushing hard to make the upgrade to #1.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7715016.stm

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#24 Re: Obama wins: Yes yes fucking yes!!
November 07, 2008, 11:25:46 am
Quote from: The great italian diplomat
Mr Berlusconi shrugged off the criticism, saying those who disagreed with him were humourless "imbeciles".

Genius.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal