UKBouldering.com

Obama wins: Yes yes fucking yes!! (Read 12438 times)

superfurrymonkey

• junky
#25 Re: Obama wins: Yes yes fucking yes!!
November 10, 2008, 06:10:59 pm
Am I on different planet to everyone else because unless Obama does a U-turn on his election promises then we are in for more of the same foreign policy wise, I mean there was nothing to really separate him and Mccaine except that in some cases Obama was worse especially regarding Israel and Latin America. His appointment of Emanuel as chief of staff is very worrying this guy was pro the Iraq war is pro the occupation of West bank and Gaza and was pro the 2006 invasion of Lebanon.
http://www.democracynow.org/2008/11/6/president_elect_obama_and_the_future

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#26 Re: Obama wins: Yes yes fucking yes!!
November 11, 2008, 09:24:13 am
There’s more to US politic than the Iraq war. In many respects Obama is locked into finishing the job there in some shape or form. Likewise he’ll find it hard to shut down Guantanamo at the drop of a hat. These are difficult problems he has inherited.
According to the news yesterday Obama is already working to overturn the current US policy on oil drilling in pristine wilderness and on restricting stem cell research. Would we have this with McCain, no we’d have “drill baby drill!” and pro-life!

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#27 Re: Obama wins: Yes yes fucking yes!!
November 11, 2008, 12:40:45 pm
Indeed, politics is the art of the possible and in general terms there is never a perfect solution and as such you need to strive for the least worst solution.

Obama is a refreshing change as he, perhaps uniquely for a generation is a genuine orator with a sound grasp of rhetorical technique (unlike Blair, Major, Thatcher, Chirac etc).

As for Palin, let's hope she stays North of the 49th P.

superfurrymonkey

• junky
#28 Re: Obama wins: Yes yes fucking yes!!
November 11, 2008, 04:40:35 pm
Don't get me wrong the alternative was a lot worse and I hope he lives up to some of his election promises, his stance on net neutrality and against media consolidation is great but if he continues to pick centrist hawks then I don't know  :shrug:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#29 Re: Obama wins: Yes yes fucking yes!!
November 11, 2008, 10:28:07 pm
His appointment of Emanuel as chief of staff is very worrying this guy was pro the Iraq war is pro the occupation of West bank and Gaza and was pro the 2006 invasion of Lebanon.
Unless the US stops it's wholesale backing of Israel's humanitarian crimes there will never be peace in the Middle East. The only reason they get away with all their crap is because of US backing. Hopefully at least the Obama administration won't deliberately scupper an Israel/Palestine deal like Bush did. I find it hard to believe that anybody can back or even allow what Israel gets up to - it's beyond me. They deserve a UN resolution on their ass and to get kicked out of the land they are stealing imho...but anyway, let's not get into that.

superfurrymonkey

• junky
#30 Re: Obama wins: Yes yes fucking yes!!
November 12, 2008, 08:35:54 am
UN security council resolution 242?
http://www.chomsky.info/articles/200209--.htm

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal