UKBouldering.com

Hip hop translation (Read 2317 times)

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
Hip hop translation
September 26, 2008, 04:26:20 pm
Ever wanted a queen's English translation of Biggie's "One More Chance (Remix)"?

Look no further:

http://www.bizbag.com/Misc%20articles/Rap%20Lyrics%20Translated.htm

Original here:

Yossarian

• forum hero
#1 Re: Hip hop translation
September 26, 2008, 05:06:43 pm
A fine tune. But it's not on Ready to Die. That's the original One More Chance. I heard One More Chance (Remix) on a DJ Rectangle compilation called Ill Rated. It is most certainly very ill. Anyway, the tune and lyrics are entirely different. 

I particularly like the bit about, "Girls pee pee when they see me"...

I doubt he'd like them doing that in his stretch Lexus though.  Every time he looks at them in the rear view mirror - his back seat would be saturated in no time. 

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#2 Re: Hip hop translation
September 26, 2008, 06:42:07 pm

I know they're really silly but I love these hip-hop translations :)

There was a load of them posted on here years ago, but can't find them now.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#3 Re: Hip hop translation
September 27, 2008, 11:07:46 am
Heard some Indian youth talking in a hiphop / jive fashion regarding "da Babylons" t'other day.  I think this is in reference to the Police.  Not Sting and crew you understand, da filth, innit.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#4 Re: Hip hop translation
September 27, 2008, 07:35:21 pm
from wikipedia:

Babylon is an important Rastafarian term, referring to human government and institutions that are seen as in rebellion against the rule of JAH (God), beginning with the Tower of Babel.

It is further used by some to mean specifically the 'polytricksters' who have been oppressing the black race for centuries through economic and physical slavery.

Rastafari is defiance of Babylon, sometimes also called Rome — in part because of the 1935 Italian invasion of Ethiopia, then ruled by Rastafari's 'Living God,' Haile Selassie I, and partly because as the head of the Roman Catholic church the Pope is considered an opponent of Selassie I and Rastafari.
Babylon the Great and Whore of Babylon are apocalyptic terms from the book of Revelation that may have been used to describe the pagan Roman Empire, which often persecuted Christianity.

Babylon is also sometimes used by some Rastas with the more specific meaning of "police", insofar as they are seen as executive agents of Babylon's will.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal