UKBouldering.com

UPDATED - L'Étranger - 85 days in Font (Read 53796 times)

Kingy

• forum hero
This looks rad I will download it during the day while I'm at work. if that fails i'll wait for the DVD version. inspired me to get some of my footage together which is scattered between old Super 8 cassette footage and stuff from various digi cameras. Nice work!

dave

just downloaded a more recent version of VLC and its fine now - SO FUCK YOU GUYS, my computer is good enough. in your face girlfriend.

Boogster

• regular
Just in case, I had the jerkiness as well but seems to work proper with Media Player Classic.

Film was great, btw.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
SD version arrived this morning, thanks Keith. Fantastic on the big screen with proper sound, so much so I watched it all again.

north_country_boy

• junky
Great Vid Uncle........  :great: Very inspiring stuff, and some good camera angles....

Like the dancing spotting by Ned and Newman on Misericorde....

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
IMPORTANT

I'm now having issues with my hosting company, basically because I saturated the 100mbit line which I'm supposed to be "sharing". In the meantime, whilst it's being rectified, I'd really appreciate if some of the people who have the film could start seeding this torrent; http://thepiratebay.org/tor/4308355

The torrent consists of only the film, so download the torrent, point it to your copy of the film, and it should work a treat. If it doesn't work, please let me know. I'm seeding right now, and will be doing so 24/7 but I'd appreciate the help to get it seeded well for a few days.

Thanks.

nik at work

• forum hero
Errrr... What?
Happy to help, but not sure what to do. Not torrented or seeded before.

A few dummies pointers and I'll try and help....

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
I'll try to make it as simple as possible.

First, download utorrent from http://www.utorrent.com/

Then install it, and fire it up.

Secondly, go to this URL http://thepiratebay.org/tor/4308355 and download the torrent.
When it asks you where you want to save the file, navigate to the folder than already have your downloaded file in it. Then it will recognise you have it, check it, then start seeding it.

Simple!

Thanks Nik.

nik at work

• forum hero
I've tried, dunno if it's worked or not....

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Seeded at home, will do the same at work tomorrow where the connection is much faster (and on 24/7).

Paul B

• forum hero
might be worth noting that the file name needs changing (or it did it my case?) from TheOutsiderHD.mp4 to "The Outsider final.mp4"...

It seems to be working here.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 09:52:33 pm by Paul B »

Tim Broughtonshaw

• obsessive maniac
same here had to rename as PaulB said but appears to be working no one connected yet but in Azureus vuze, can see currently 4 seeds and 18 peers.

Cheers
Tim

p.s. got DVD's today at work thank unc.

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
Thanks for the help, and good job paul on noticing the file name change. I missed that information in the rush of trying to post it up... I need a dedicated line straight into the heart of the internet.

miki

• regular
seeding with success.

Tim Broughtonshaw

• obsessive maniac
uncle,
      it's probably worth putting that torrent link on your site and informing 8a.nu? I bet that would reduce the traffic.

cheers
Tim

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
Just started seeding too. I'd take the download off your host site altogether and leave it torrent only. THe amount of seeds should mean reasonable throughput and no bandwidth overhead for you. Sometimes, I am right about these things  ;)

nik at work

• forum hero
I don't think I've got this set up right.

Sorry for being an idiot.

If my seed or torrent or whatever is needed then I'll have a play, but if you have enough seeds/torrents etc then I probably won't bother as:
a) I'll only really use it for this
b) it will take me ages

So let me know if you need me to sort it, otherwise I'll save myself the frustration.

Once again sorry.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
Wouldnt worry too much beast, theres 15 seeding atm and 25 (or similar) in the leech cloud. Seeing upload throughput of 51kBs at mo.

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
Nik, you're efforts are appreciated, but I wouldn't worry about it now.

I'm leaving the direct link up because I have fixed the hosting problems. It should work fine now. There is still potential for total saturation but the ceiling has been raised and I now have more control over that point. Obviously this came at a price but the price was small and I can use it only for a few weeks then return to shared hosting.

I blame it on 8a.nu! The guy who posted it up there had the best of intentions (and I appreciate it) but it slayed my server. If I'd had notice that it was going up on there I could have done this beforehand.

simes

• stalker
    • http://www.simes303.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.htm
Im seeding too. Cheers. Si.

Fj

• menacing presence
A friend convinced me to buy Momento under the understanding it was the bouldering equivalent of ROAM and I personally found it very disappointing.
Despite L'Étranger being almost entirely shot on a tripod the end result is ace!
good work :great:

superfurrymonkey

• junky
Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed  :please:

cofe

• forum hero
great stuff keith. i'm psyched.

stom

• addict
    • Some Videos
Nice work - some of the shots are amazingly well composed, also great to be able to watch it in HD!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
A friend convinced me to buy Momento under the understanding it was the bouldering equivalent of ROAM and I personally found it very disappointing.
I can imagine why! Chalk and Cheese!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal