UKBouldering.com

E-bay problem (Read 1519 times)

jed

• player
  • Are you Experienced?
E-bay problem
July 09, 2008, 12:24:15 pm
I need to sell a piece of electrical equipment on e-bay.

I did previously need it for work, But I'm slightly unsure about a few issues.

1)Getting the payment -whats the best way to do it?

2) Is there several ways I can deliver to the eventually buyer?

3) Can i use my credit card for accepting payment.

I Would appreciate any advice to make the whole sale smoother, You guys normally have something valuable to add on these matters.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1 Re: E-bay problem
July 09, 2008, 01:31:29 pm

1)Getting the payment -whats the best way to do it?

Multiplte options, you have to have a PayPal account, even if you don't accept payment through it.  You can indicate in your listing how you accept payment, chequer, bank transfer (details provided after bidding has ended to the succesful bidder), or another payment system.

2) Is there several ways I can deliver to the eventually buyer?

I'd imagine you only want to deliver the item once  ;)  You can choose how its delivered, check out Royal Mail for their prices based on dimensions and weight, compare to others such as City Link etc. list the price for delivery you want (and include packaging).

3) Can i use my credit card for accepting payment.

I don't know, but I very much doubt it.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#2 Re: E-bay problem
July 09, 2008, 07:29:12 pm
Is it worth much? Sounds like you don't have much feedback as a seller, remember you are likely to get a much better price with at least some seller feedback. If it's worth a bit consider either hanging onto it for a few weeks whilst selling a few CD's etc, even if they are worth pennies or alternatively get someone with decent seller feedback to list it for you, especially is it's not something your going to use regularly.

With pricey stuff you can't have too much detail. Take good photos of every scratch and put them on Flickr or similar. The more detail you go into, the more you sound honest and trust worthy. Is there any way you can show it works? eg. Take photos with the power on etc. Be honest on why your selling it and not trying to get some cash for a broken bit of kit!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal