UKBouldering.com

top 50 uk boulder problems (Read 23197 times)

account_inactive

• forum hero
#50 Re: top 50 uk boulder problems
July 01, 2008, 04:45:23 pm

1. Long Walk in to.....
2. Bog, infested with....
3. Midges

1 - 10 minutes on flat ground? Are you really that soft?
2 - not this year - dry as a bone (well just damp and slightly springy, better than say spring boulders at roaches)
3 - Breeze is your friend, or time your visit appropriately, surely anyone who has climbed on grit knows how to avoid midges??

Only pulling your leg :)

Nice Si'O video

c.j.d.

• forum abuser
  • Great.
#51 Re: top 50 uk boulder problems
July 01, 2008, 06:42:03 pm
After a brief tickle on Gaskins Pill Box, Tyler reckons a possible 8c for this one.  I only disagree by a wee bit - 8b+.  I heard it through the grapevine, so don't quote me on this.  Doylo?  By the way Mr G, you once informed me you had a name for this delightful little number - come forth young man...

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#52 Re: top 50 uk boulder problems
July 01, 2008, 07:04:35 pm
Walk Away is stunning. GCW: how is it an eliminate?

I went and looked at it today.  it isn't an eliminate and it's a cool line.  My memory was clearly a bit duff.  I take it all back.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#53 Re: top 50 uk boulder problems
July 01, 2008, 08:16:42 pm

Only pulling your leg :)

Suspected you might be, but bit anyway. Torridon really is the shit, and it's not just the ship boulder.

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#54 Re: top 50 uk boulder problems
July 01, 2008, 08:27:50 pm
Ok then what about ** H top?  Pinches @ -10, some random eliminate on pinches wall, the beast traverse at castlell hwylldrem and not forgetting the classic traverse of the notts uni wall, :alky: :alky: :alky: :alky: :alky: :alky: :alky: :alky:

n_man

• obsessive maniac
#55 Re: top 50 uk boulder problems
July 01, 2008, 10:05:10 pm
Let the debate begin....

Walk Away is obviously dead hard but is it really one of the best 50 probs in the country. In fact IMO it's a bit  :wank: given the location and line. Is it in because it's the only 8c?

Are you having a day off? It's one of the best bits of rock I've seen anywhere. And as it's only a few moves some may argue one of only a few "true" 8c's and not just a lowball sport route. I'll grant you Il Pirata and Kaizen are toss.

GCW Wrote: Walk Away SDS is also amazing to look at, although some may say slightly eliminate.

How so?

Also, how is there no line to this problem? Try, "climb the centre of the beautiful crozzled wall". It doesn't really get any simpler than that.

Come on....best bit of rock anywhere?????

I'd say your traverse at Sampson Stones is miles better  :hug:.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal