UKBouldering.com

Property Prices in Sheffield due to crash (Read 16879 times)

fatkid2000

• junky
Apparently ELR have major financial problems at the moment - just a rumour, but the source is reliable.  :lol:

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
Cool, I'll see if I can feast off the rotting corpse.

I know the pressures on estate agents etc but Blundells were remarkably shit.

dave

Apparently ELR have major financial problems at the moment - just a rumour, but the source is reliable.  :lol:

to be honest in my experience ELR are one of the least shit estate agents in the city. we ended up selling with them and found them OK, and when we reasearched this beforehand (see an old thread a started) they were just about the only one no-one had anything seriously bad to say about.

cowboyhat

• forum hero
Recently Let my house through elr, they were pleasant and importantly found me a tenant very quickly. Just one experience.

Mother told me her friend owns an agency in Rotherham and they haven't sold one house for eight weeks, unprecedented.

Estate agents have had it good for ages, if they've saved some of that dosh they'll be fine. No sympathy.

dave

Estate agents have had it good for ages, if they've saved some of that dosh they'll be fine. No sympathy.

A-muthefucking-men to that. especially cos they earn based on a percentage of the sale price, so when rates were low and prices rocketed in the early-mid part of this decade they were earning twice or thrice as much for selling per house houses than they would have a few years earlier, despite having to do less work because the market was so buoyant. and blundells pushed the prices even higher buy cheating on sealed bids, that kinda thing. what goes around comes around.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
Cool, I'll see if I can feast off the rotting corpse.

I know the pressures on estate agents etc but Blundells were remarkably shit.

those with a command of the English language can say things so much more effectively than myself... genius.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Not that anyone reading this thread needs any confirmation about the integrity of estate agents, but just read an interesting article on the BBC about an undercover report on the poor practices of estate agents.

The program was originally broadcast back in March and I missed it, but it made for quite shocking reading  :o

dave

Yeah i saw that article back then. not really surprising - combine estate agents with the usual london high-flyers attitude. i doubt thinds are that bad in places like sheffield, but doesn't stop outfits like Blunderells being bent as a butchers hook. cunts.

account_inactive

• forum hero
We bought through ELR.  Are far as agents go (most are cunts) they were pretty quick and pleasant

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal