UKBouldering.com

Blogs (Read 17883 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#25 Re: Blogs
May 23, 2008, 02:06:58 pm
Bubba's trucking blog is interesting and refreshing seeing what it's like from inside the cab.

Over time it will expand away from just driving, probably once the novelty wears off or after i've crushed a family of five or something.

Blogging is very different to forum posting, but I'm actually enjoying mine. Not because the subject matter is awesome or that I have anything particularly momentous to say, or even that loads of people are going to read it or anything, but just because I quite like the creative aspect of writing. I'm a crap writer, but it's something I quite enjoy doing and i'm interested in getting better at it. It also serves as a diary which I'll (hopefully) enjoy...or cringe over...when I look back at it in a few years time.

Doylo

• forum hero
#26 Re: Blogs
May 23, 2008, 04:14:26 pm
I always thought blogging was a bit gay. Then one day during one of my spells off work i thought i could come up with some amusing stuff for friends to read and it gave me something else to do so i started a blog. Don't update it as much now cos i'm back at work but if a few people enjoy it then its worth it. I never thought that many people would see it so am a bit embarressed now  :-[. I'm sure folk might picks holes in the english but for me i've written enough bloody essays in my life so its nice to be able to relax with my writing. There are some good blogs on the circuit. I'd agree that Keiths and Dobs are really good. Keiths in particular is a good insight into how obsessed a man can become!

chicane

• player
#27 Re: Blogs
May 23, 2008, 04:25:43 pm

Can someone post links to the good ones?

Uncles and whatever else is good?

Cheers

SteveM

• stalker
  • I feel the need for speed
    • bad-altitude
#28 Re: Blogs
May 23, 2008, 05:33:06 pm
Whilst blogs can be a text medium, they don't have to be about the writing. I enjoy the video and photo based blogs that I "read" more than the text based ones.

Mine's mostly links to climbing snippets that I find and want to locate in the future. As it's almost entirely for my own benefit I don't advertise it but a few people know and read it, mainly friends who want the latest photos or vids. Each to their own.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#29 Re: Blogs
May 23, 2008, 05:52:17 pm

Can someone post links to the good ones?

Uncles and whatever else is good?

Cheers
It's up to them to publicize them if they want to ;) 

Not sure it's fair to link blogs if the intention of them is low key.

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
#30 Re: Blogs
May 23, 2008, 08:35:08 pm
I'm not beyond shameless self publicity that enables me to stay flush and travel the world climbing... oh wait, that's not me. DAMN IT! But you can read my blog by pointing yourself towards www.unclesomebody.com/blog  (the two key words to remember are unclesomebody and blog).

I doubt anyone else on the blog circuit will mind as they're all linked to each other anyway, but not from mine as I don't want to divert your attention to something better.

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#31 Re: Blogs
May 23, 2008, 09:48:52 pm
I thought blogs were a big gay as well, but one night sat in the house unc was writing his blog of the days events, I suddenly thought about it, Since i have moved over to the forest of dreams, I have kind of stopped talking regulary to my good friends in the uk and other places, things take over. But then I came up with an idea of starting my blog, just so my friends can look at what i have been doing so they can stay up to date without spending tonnes of money on the phone.

After a few nights of blogging, I actually thought yes I can see this as keeping tracks of all my climbing.

The problem I have with bloging is that my english is less than apaulling and the spelling as well. Since keith left font my blogging has stopped, It was only watching him blog that made me do it really, but now i am going to start again. I have had some amazing days in the forest, some not even climbing so fo all interested in my day to day shit www.straightupinfont.blogspot.com

enjoy

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#32 Re: Blogs
May 29, 2008, 12:33:44 pm
Doing the rounds on the blog circuit is as much a part of my daily ritual as the three S (shit, shower, shave). I also think it is a good way to ease server traffic for Bubba, especially given the amount of raw shit I write.

I also see sense in some of Houdinis sentiments (I cant find the apostrophe key on the Italian keyboard sorry). As much as climbing is my all consuming (cant find the hyphen key sorry) passion, I dont like to talk about it all of the time. Id go as far as to say it sends me insane and slightly depressed about my own shortcomings when I realise I am underachieving.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#33 Re: Blogs
May 29, 2008, 10:05:20 pm
You gotta admit defeat when an Italian outwrites, spells, and grammars you in your native tongue.

Give up and head to a Monastery forthwith.  Leave your balls at the door.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#34 Re: Blogs
June 09, 2008, 01:56:29 pm
Quote from: Sonnie Trotter
A picture of Cory and I riding the top floor and front seat of a Double Decker bus, the guy who took this picture thought we were a pair of North American Wanking tourists, which we are of course. Except tourists spend real money, we just walk around and ride the bus, people watching is my favorite passtime. For 3 bucks, you can see the city from north to south, east to west, AND if you wear a big oversized down patagonia jacket, then you can stuff three or four cold beers in your pockets and knowbody is the wiser. So here is my question now...How do you like them apples?

From ST's blog. I like this guy.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#35 Re: Blogs
June 09, 2008, 02:10:34 pm
Mine is updated once or twice a week. Nothing exciting! But on the footer of this post you'll find it!

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#36 Re: Blogs
June 26, 2008, 01:27:24 pm

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#37 Re: Blogs
June 26, 2008, 02:55:20 pm
is there on the internet that article he quotes "lats babes and bouldering"? i'm  very curious about that.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#38 Re: Blogs
June 26, 2008, 03:17:14 pm
Someone should scan it, fuckin genius that was. In fact Jimbo is registered on UKB, maybe he will post it up.

richdraws

• obsessive maniac
#39 Re: Blogs
July 04, 2008, 07:41:06 pm
http://showmeyourangryface.blogspot.com/

I took the plunge, mostly to force myself into climbing a lot more. It wont be a big numbers fest... YET!

Dr T

• forum hero
#40 Re: Blogs
July 13, 2008, 01:30:10 pm
http://climbing-cats.blogspot.com/

now it's the summer holidays and I'm trying to train I'm using this to keep myself honest as it were...

it's on the side of http://climbing-cats.co.uk/ if anyone's interested....

Somebody's Fool

• forum hero
#41 Re: Blogs
July 16, 2008, 08:33:59 am
I've put a copy of Lats Babes and Bouldering on my blog if anyone's interested. Well worth a read, whether you've read it before or not.

anenglishmaninbristol.blogspot.com

Idol eyes

• junky
#42 Re: Blogs
July 16, 2008, 11:47:40 pm

You're a climbing bore, aren't you?  ;)

Better than a closet climber!!! just come out, its easier,,,
stop pretending your not intrested, you almost have the most hits on this site, then maintain "your not intrested", just realised, you are not Mark reeves, do not know who you are, so read this and punter me,,, tosser...

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#45 Re: Blogs
July 28, 2008, 05:07:19 pm
That really is quite terrifying.

andy_e

• forum hero
#46 Re: Blogs
January 25, 2009, 10:31:49 pm
My blog about font, life, and other things:
http://almscliffislife.blogspot.com

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#47 Re: Blogs
January 26, 2009, 10:03:55 am

nice blog andy,

and this goes to you all out there in blog world, I wish you wouldnt do black background and white writing, It really hirts my eyes, i cant read them

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#48 Re: Blogs
January 26, 2009, 10:10:05 am
and this goes to you all out there in blog world, I wish you wouldnt do black background and white writing, It really hirts my eyes, i cant read them

But it helps prevent burning out pixels on your LCD monitor  :devangel:

Perhaps consider trying the Boring CSS greasemonkey script for stripping the CSS from blogs and applying a default plain style (could probably specifiy your own CSS too if you wanted).

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#49 Re: Blogs
January 26, 2009, 10:54:40 am

nice blog andy,

Hear hear - especially when you close the window with the white text on black background and go back to a light background / dark text combo. Closed andi_e's blog last night and went back to this thread and I was blind for about 5 minutes afterwards!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal