UKBouldering.com

Grading long problems (Read 14843 times)

superfurrymonkey

• junky
#50 Re: Grading long problems
March 15, 2008, 05:03:33 pm
Anyway back to the grades at breck rd! Ioan Doyle came close to sending Sorle`s link today reckoning it felt V9 and compared it in difficulty to Jerrie`s roof and Full roadside.

Doylo

• forum hero
#51 Re: Grading long problems
March 15, 2008, 05:15:21 pm
Anyway back to the grades at breck rd! Ioan Doyle came close to sending Sorle`s link today reckoning it felt V9 and compared it in difficulty to Jerrie`s roof and Full roadside.

You see, the Doyle's speak sense! So that would make the full link up hard V9 or V10.

superfurrymonkey

• junky
#52 Re: Grading long problems
March 16, 2008, 07:15:07 pm
I don`t understand how Pete Robins graded Happy New Year start V8 and then claimed that the full traverse was easier than LWT.   :shrug:  Happy New Year start on it`s own feels harder than LWT.  These grades are winding me up.  >:(

Doylo

• forum hero
#53 Re: Grading long problems
March 16, 2008, 10:07:47 pm
I don`t understand how Pete Robins graded Happy New Year start V8 and then claimed that the full traverse was easier than LWT.   :shrug:  Happy New Year start on it`s own feels harder than LWT.  These grades are winding me up.  >:(

To be fair to Pete he did HNYS with the old texas beta originally, then he used the right heal for the full link up. Still undergraded though!

superfurrymonkey

• junky
#54 Re: Grading long problems
March 17, 2008, 10:55:49 am
Ahh but the guys on Saturday reckoned TKM was still V8 even with the heel hook! and to be honest thinking about it I`d have to agree, It`s certainly harder than organ grinder for instance. Anyway brilliant problems they are whatever the grade!

Doylo

• forum hero
#55 Re: Grading long problems
March 17, 2008, 11:09:03 am
Ahh but the guys on Saturday reckoned TKM was still V8 even with the heel hook! and to be honest thinking about it I`d have to agree, It`s certainly harder than organ grinder for instance. Anyway brilliant problems they are whatever the grade!

Yeah i find TKM harder than Swing of Fire by a long shot.

dave

#56 Re: Grading long problems
March 17, 2008, 11:56:42 am
I don't believe people like John Welford who said SB is the living end and that he's only ever managed to do the start 4 times!!

yeah i don't buy that either, its not that hard. The hard thing about Staminaband is that friggin pocket drop down right at the end!

I always think of powerband as being a 7b traverse (to the jug) into a 1-move 7b at the end, if you think about it. I find the start section of staminaband harder than either of the above 2 sections on their own by a long shot, but granted its very condition dependant, compared to powerband which only has to be 90% dry to be fine. Conditioney 7b+ into a 7b into a 7b? how does this add up with the MATH? over to you Paz, integrate this.

superfurrymonkey

• junky
#57 Re: Grading long problems
March 17, 2008, 06:30:40 pm
I don't believe people like John Welford who said SB is the living end and that he's only ever managed to do the start 4 times!!

yeah i don't buy that either, its not that hard. The hard thing about Staminaband is that friggin pocket drop down right at the end!

I always think of powerband as being a 7b traverse (to the jug) into a 1-move 7b at the end, if you think about it. I find the start section of staminaband harder than either of the above 2 sections on their own by a long shot, but granted its very condition dependant, compared to powerband which only has to be 90% dry to be fine. Conditioney 7b+ into a 7b into a 7b? how does this add up with the MATH? over to you Paz, integrate this.

V11/12.

Paz

• junky
#58 Re: Grading long problems
March 17, 2008, 11:34:11 pm
MATH? over to you Paz, integrate this.

7c+, or 7c if you've done it ;-).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal