UKBouldering.com

not getting shortlisted. a whinge. (Read 48030 times)

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#225 Re: not getting shortlisted. a whinge.
September 17, 2010, 08:00:41 pm
I've said for a long time that the NHS is ill suited to evolve and deal with the mess that Labour have left.  Do I think that giving the money to the GP's is the right answer?

I'm not sure because I don't think they've asked the right question.

Do I think that there's money to be cut? Absolutely, apparently Labour spent something like £6bn on management consultants in the NHS and that's not including the waste of the PFI bullshit.

I rather think we need a fundamental rethink as to the structure of the NHS and what it does and what it doesn't do.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#226 Re: not getting shortlisted. a whinge.
September 17, 2010, 10:00:59 pm
The problem with all that is that the NHS is not a finite entity- what I mean is, in order to provide all the top notch care to everyone, equally, without bias, quickly, and free at the point of access you would need an infinite budget.  Which won't happen.

As for GPs holding the reigns, it very much depends on what is decided by the blues and greys.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#227 Re: not getting shortlisted. a whinge.
September 19, 2010, 01:30:04 pm
The problem with all that is that the NHS is not a finite entity- what I mean is, in order to provide all the top notch care to everyone, equally, without bias, quickly, and free at the point of access you would need an infinite budget.  Which won't happen.

As for GPs holding the reigns, it very much depends on what is decided by the blues and greys.

indeed.

The local services for local people model ( aided by GPs - as you would expect) vs. the centralisation of all and sundry has yet to be had.

the green paper will be a fascinating read.

either way... we're fucked.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
A bit of a YYFY moment, but managed (fuck knows how) to pass the CSA.  Basically no more exams.  Woo.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
 :clap2: :thumbsup: COngratulations  :beer2:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal