UKBouldering.com

The Keel (Read 9062 times)

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#25 Re: The Keel
March 07, 2011, 11:15:43 am
I've tried that intermediate you showed me, didn't seem to work for me.  Not been back on it for ages though, maybe the time approaches.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#26 Re: The Keel
March 07, 2011, 01:15:12 pm
How tall are you, Moose?  I always felt the right foot could stay in the slot, but it always seems to pop out going for the pocket.

I'm 6'3" and horrendously lanky and spindly - all legs and knees.  Doubt I'd get near the keel now - lost weight and just don't have the beef or energy (despite keeping bouldering indoors I suspect I've got a lot weaker).  Got a feeling my return from Reynaulds induced winter hibernation is going to be a chastening experience.

tomtom

• forum hero
#27 Re: The Keel
March 07, 2011, 01:51:21 pm
A live report from the Keel...  ....  ......
:)
Uptowns numbers are right, it's much better if I suck my right hip into the roof and just place the left heel around the back of the Keel rather than sagging down to look where to place it.. Tired now but back to where I was :) I can see what you mean Moose about flagging that left leg out. Then the lunge for the pocket is a swivel on a locked left arm and the right toe.
Gorgeous here now after a cold start. But running out of juice!

sjw

• obsessive maniac
#28 Re: The Keel
March 07, 2011, 01:57:28 pm
Uptowns numbers are right

In my limited experience, Uptown 'The Mathematician' is never wrong with numbers. And tomtom, surely you know that you'll definitely get it on your very, very last go when you've got no skin and are proper knackered?!

tomtom

• forum hero
#29 Re: The Keel
March 07, 2011, 05:06:34 pm
Sadly no today.. But next time :) maybe...

Cheers for all the help, I've got my Sequence well wired now up to the pop which is good, as I seem to have regained the ground I'd lost, so I'm happy :D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal