UKBouldering.com

Dirtbox @ Angel Bay (Read 3386 times)

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Dirtbox @ Angel Bay
September 23, 2007, 10:17:11 pm
I am aware many people on here have few positive remarks about Angel Bay but alas I am in need of beta!

Had a wee look and a pull on or 2 on to Dirtbox today (the sitter into the Mantelpiece) and was having trouble picturing how to make what I percieve to be the first move!

Do you basically pull on with left heel high on an edge, both hands along the same line of edges and lock off on right arm as deep as possible before throwing to the high small crimp dish with left hand (which also has a thin sidepull pocket above it and right slightly)? Also tried a method face on with right hand on a low undercut, left hand on a good edge and right toe on back wall, before trying to pull in and blast up with left hand again (quite un-successfully!)

Any beta would be very welcome. I fear I may need to get stronger  :-\

a dense loner

• forum hero
#1 Re: Dirtbox @ Angel Bay
September 23, 2007, 10:22:09 pm
and develop more taste.

oh my god is there an 'e' on develop. i'd be useless in a spelling be

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#2 Re: Dirtbox @ Angel Bay
September 23, 2007, 10:26:47 pm
After Saturdays dog orgy, I think my desire to bypass the bay has been cemented. I counted 13 dogs at the apex of the affair.

ned

• menacing presence
#3 Re: Dirtbox @ Angel Bay
September 24, 2007, 12:04:59 am
Do you basically pull on with left heel high on an edge, both hands along the same line of edges and lock off on right arm as deep as possible before throwing to the high small crimp dish with left hand (which also has a thin sidepull pocket above it and right slightly)?

This sounds right to me. Heel on, lock/pull to dish up and left, and pop for jugs. I have a (bad and very old) video on my computer but no where to host it....

Paul B

• forum hero
#4 Re: Dirtbox @ Angel Bay
September 24, 2007, 12:14:46 am
ah so someone has made you familiar with youtube's no ginger policy....on a helpful note try esnips.com, our lecturers seem to use it instead of the University WEBCT thing, it's pretty good and allows you to upload something like 50mb a day, useful for most people apart from uncle of course.

BenF

• forum hero
#5 Re: Dirtbox @ Angel Bay
September 24, 2007, 08:06:22 am
Do you basically pull on with left heel high on an edge, both hands along the same line of edges and lock off on right arm as deep as possible before throwing to the high small crimp dish with left hand

Yes.  Except it's more of a throw for the dish than a lock off.  Go for the dish with the left and then either go again or wildy go with the right.  Cassidy had another sequence where you get your left toe wedged up really high in the crack to the left.  He reckoned it was well easy like that but he's an animal.

After Saturdays dog orgy, I think my desire to bypass the bay has been cemented. I counted 13 dogs at the apex of the affair.

Yeah, it was hell on that beach with all those dogs and all those people.  However Tom, it's not normally like that.  It's normally quiet as anything (no doubt some wise guy will suggest why it's often so quiet  ::)).

ned

• menacing presence
#6 Re: Dirtbox @ Angel Bay
September 25, 2007, 04:52:55 pm
Right. Cheers paul for that website. Seems good.

The video can be found at http://www.esnips.com/web/pale-stuff

It is easier to lock it since you are catching a little dish so need accuracy.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#7 Re: Dirtbox @ Angel Bay
September 26, 2007, 06:35:25 am
I thought you had some taste Ned

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#8 Re: Dirtbox @ Angel Bay
September 26, 2007, 07:47:13 am
and develop more taste.

Back up one moment lad! Is there not evidence of you clearly relishing Manky Dogs somewhere on this site? I'd dread to think you're being hypocritical here Dense ;)

Sure enough, a quick google image search for Manchester Dogs found you.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal