UKBouldering.com

You Berkeley Hunt! (Read 15704 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#25 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 13, 2007, 10:01:36 pm
It's a funny one, Bubba.  Caucasians saying n****r is wrong, but blacks (not sure if this is PC- sorry) can say it.  I guess that's fair enough, but they have essentially adopted a word intended to offend and turned it around.  Fair play.

I have no wish to derail this topic into an argument about racial prejudice so i'll quickly outline my (and hence ukb's) position...and i'm not having a pop GCW coz i think you understand anyway :)

The problem with the n-word is that it's been used by whites as a derogatory term for blacks for centuries, throughout some of the most disgraceful displays of human nature...eg slavery, need i say more?

The context is important - I don't think any of us white boys (talking about me here really) can turn around and complain that we can't use a particular word without looking at the historic usage behind it. It's not just a word imho, it brings a whole shitload of baggage with it.

The reclaiming of the word, and it's "more acceptable" offspring "nigga" is controversial in itself. It's not (as many  people assume) globally accepted by the Black community as acceptable. But anyway, imho white people calling each other "nigga" earnestly is, well...just being a Wigga imho ;)

Anyway, enough of this, let's continue with the topic....

cofe

• forum hero
#26 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 13, 2007, 10:06:37 pm
i hear you, cocktits.

let's get this topic back on subject you flangebatter.

these, aren't really blue words, just what i call me julie.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#27 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 13, 2007, 10:12:27 pm
I've seen 'cunt' on the front page. 
A typo, no doubt.  Bloody Grauniad

Bubba:  Feel free to edit this next bit, it's not meant to be offensive.

There are plenty of words that have been used derogatorily:  n****r, w*g, spik, wop, Brummy etc
As they have been meant to be offensive, I can't see a place for them anywhere.  It's the inequality I get puzzled by (see earlier comments)
I fear that offending people is becoming harder to predict.  People get up-tight about funny things
If it's offensive, it's offensive.  I can't see how it can be OK for one person to say it, but not another.
As for Andi_e's being puntered, he didn't mean to be offensive but I can see why people get upset.  Plus he's a fanny anyway.   :lol:

It's your baby Bubbs, if that's the way you want to play it that's fine by me and I quite understand (and agree).

Fart knocker.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 04:46:39 pm by Bubba »

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#28 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 13, 2007, 10:20:16 pm

let's get this topic back on subject

Too right, muffquiff!

Me Grandad used to call me a 'daft apeth'.  I've no idea what the fook he meant, what's an apeth?  Sounds fairly mild, dunno  :-\  Etymology?

Brummy

Right!  Outside!

Some guy called me 'Plantlife' once.  I hope he gets ass gout!

« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 10:28:37 pm by Houdini, Reason: fuck off! »

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#29 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 13, 2007, 10:24:47 pm
Now, don't wish cancer on anyone 'cos that isn't nice.   >:(
Now listen, Hou-cutyourhairyoulooklikeaknob:  Daft apeth is reet Lancashire, so don't get on thar 'igh oss.

Women seem to get more offended by "cunt" than men.  I reckon they are too possessive about blokes using their cunts without their permission.

Jizzmonkey, anyone?

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#30 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 13, 2007, 10:31:37 pm
Now, don't wish cancer on anyone 'cos that isn't nice.   >:(

Eh?

Women seem to get more offended by "cunt" than men. 

Well, I've heard that: The word cunt remains in America the one word that is so offensive as to be customarily unspeakable.

Any you shag pieces got this?

lorentz

• obsessive maniac
#31 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 13, 2007, 10:36:25 pm
On the international tip

Me cago en sus muelas.

Spanish.

I shit on your teeth. Always goes down a storm if you ever need to take exception to the service in a tapas bar.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#32 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 13, 2007, 10:41:12 pm

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#33 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 14, 2007, 07:51:49 am
Like I said earlier, if you haven't, you ought to watch Clerks II as not only is the whole reclaiming an offensive racial slur debate neatly dissected and laid bare in a very funny way but it has the funniest dismissal of the Lord of the Rings I've ever seen.

>Women seem to get more offended by "cunt" than men.

Mrs FD calls me a c*nt fairly regularly... she has a mouth like a lavatory.  But she's a daft apeth anyway...

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#34 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 14, 2007, 08:01:16 am
'daft apeth'. 

I thought it was a daft ha'penny? Did he have his false teeth out?

webbo

• forum hero
#35 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 14, 2007, 08:32:00 am
no its apeth.i think its as it sounds daft ape.

nik at work

• forum hero
#36 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 14, 2007, 08:37:14 am
My wife is perfectly happy to hear/say cunt. But woe betide anyone who says 'titties'...

Women, who can figure them.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#37 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 14, 2007, 08:43:27 am

Ms Bubba is reclaiming the word cunt :)

Stubbs

#38 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 14, 2007, 08:56:01 am
Did Andi_e really use the N-word?  I didn't think he did, nor does he deserve even more -ve karma for it.

Just to finish off this little sidetrack, I puntered andi for the wiggerishness of his comment, and for the fact that I'm fairly certain that it's not something he would ever say out loud to anyone!

Edit: writing that just gave me visions of andi walking up to some big dude at the West Indian Centre in Leeds saying 'alright my n*gga?'

rc

• player
#39 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 14, 2007, 09:00:04 am
"That's a bit gay" is something we used to say at school regularly, but now it's totally un-PC. 
Used to regularly call people spastic/spaz/spazzer at school, before the concept of being PC reached the north.
There was a (completely made up) theory that the widespread use of these terms prompted the Spastics Society to change its name to Scope...several mates defiantly switched to using the insult "you scoper" in the hope this would catch on and we could force another reactionary charity name change.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#40 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 14, 2007, 09:03:38 am
 :lol:

Idol eyes

• junky
#41 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 14, 2007, 10:12:59 am
What the F%$K are you cock smoking sperm beltchers on about...

SA Chris

• forum hero
#42 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 14, 2007, 12:58:08 pm
Just to finish off this little sidetrack, I puntered andi for the wiggerishness of his comment, and for the fact that I'm fairly certain that it's not something he would ever say out loud to anyone!

I was amused at you smiting him and then calling him a 'tard. Not the most PC term either?

andy_e

• forum hero
#43 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 14, 2007, 01:16:20 pm
Did Andi_e really use the N-word?  I didn't think he did, nor does he deserve even more -ve karma for it.

In retrospect it probably could have caused offence but the context was important: It was lyrics from a track off the album that Fiend had previously recommended, hence why I put it...

Edit: writing that just gave me visions of andi walking up to some big dude at the West Indian Centre in Leeds saying 'alright my n*gga?'

That would be suicide, although there's that one bouncer who's an absolute leg end, quality geezer!

andy_e

• forum hero
#44 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 14, 2007, 01:17:28 pm
Plus he's a fanny anyway.   :lol:

Says you, you gaping fish-gash motherlicker!

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#45 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 14, 2007, 02:11:36 pm
Andrew, Andrew.  I expected so little from you in the way of a decent insult.  And you still disappoint.  "smelly pants" would have been more offensive.  Please fuck off and think of something better, you putrid little shit-stain. 

See that skid mark in some old lady's nappy?  That's you, that is.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#46 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 14, 2007, 02:42:06 pm
I like Fuck Wittington - a popular modern swear given a classic fairy tale twist

andy_e

• forum hero
#47 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 14, 2007, 03:03:15 pm
Andrew, Andrew.  I expected so little from you in the way of a decent insult.  And you still disappoint.  "smelly pants" would have been more offensive.  Please fuck off and think of something better, you putrid little shit-stain. 

See that skid mark in some old lady's nappy?  That's you, that is.

Oh come on, you couldn't offend a christian even if you threw a pr0n mag at them. I've heard worse insults come from baby's bottoms than have exited your hot-air-blower. Go to jail, do not pass go and do not collect your £200. STFU, GTFO, exit's over there -----------------------------------------------> , for help press alt+f4, or for god mode press ctrl+alt+del twice. Kthnxbye.

I'm quite fond of bellsniff at the moment, has a nice ring to it.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#48 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 14, 2007, 03:30:09 pm
I'm quite fond of bellsniffing at the moment.
That doesn't surprise me at all.  And if you think I'm gonna fall for your Bill Gates tips you'd better think again.
Ass-hat is becoming popular at the moment.

Andi_e fucks ducks.

Stubbs

#49 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 14, 2007, 03:38:06 pm
I was amused at you smiting him and then calling him a 'tard. Not the most PC term either?

Ah being PC, such a minefield!  Please anyone feel free to punter me for the use of the above term  ;D

After a lond discussion of rude terms recently, I decided that piss flaps is definitely the phase I detest the most!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal