UKBouldering.com

You Berkeley Hunt! (Read 15711 times)

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
You Berkeley Hunt!
September 12, 2007, 10:22:39 pm
Also known as ....

I love me some swearing, you fuckface prick!  In fact, I adore all slang and low-rent vocabulary.

What are your favourite swearwords?

I've a soft spot for 'Shithead'.  Et vous?

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#1 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 12, 2007, 10:24:04 pm
I think you may have had too much Port.
Knob-gobbler.   :wank:

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#2 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 12, 2007, 10:26:13 pm
Fuck you, faecal freak!  (I've only had 3 glasses!)

Points awarded for inventiveness...

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#3 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 12, 2007, 10:28:24 pm
Fuck you, knob jockey!  I've only had 3 pintglasses!
Twat mangler.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#4 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 12, 2007, 10:31:25 pm
Scab licker!  You've noted my edit!

By-the-by, Rim-widener, you're dribbling.

Porco Dio!  All foreign language offerings welcome!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 10:38:45 pm by Houdini, Reason: Fuck off & die, shite magnet! »

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#5 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 12, 2007, 10:38:22 pm
You've noted my edit!
Yeah, you sorted the parentheses out.
How long before this thread is killed like a baby seal with a bullet in the brain?
Hou-dunnit:  Your Mother Is a Hamster and Your Father Smells of Elderberries

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#6 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 12, 2007, 10:41:13 pm
Fuckface!  This is a erudite discussion and comparison of trans-euro vulgarities, non?

Urospo Chu chu (sp?) Origins:  Turkey.  Meaning:  Son of a bitch.

Dickwad.

The word cunt still mainly remains the one word in the English language that is considered more offensive than fuck - this can be largely attributed to its history as a misogynist instrument, a history that elevates its offensiveness above that of rival "four-letter words".

However, the term cunt is often used, primarily by members of the working class, as a term of endearment. Particularly in the south of england, around the Essex and London Area. Context and tone usually show the distinction between the word being used as a term of endearment or it being used pejoratively.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 10:49:32 pm by Houdini, Reason: Fahkorf! »

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#7 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 12, 2007, 10:55:47 pm
Cun't fault this spoonerist reference to the Oz PM: John Hunt is a Coward.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#8 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 13, 2007, 05:45:41 pm
Did Andi_e really use the N-word?  I didn't think he did, nor does he deserve even more -ve karma for it.  Ni**er.  That's the word.  It's interesting how, like 'cunt', 'nigga' has become a term of endearment amongst certain groups - granted - mostly blacks.  Ni**er: I don't doubt that at times it can be amusing.  I was reading HP Lovecraft a few nights back and laughed my socks off to read the name of a characters' dog:  Ni**er-Man. 

There was actually a little more behind the opening of this tread than the opportunity for two twats (GCW & I) to trade less than amusing half-cut insults online.  A while back I used the phrase 'jewed-out', I've used it before, it's fairly certain I'll use it again, (I'm of the 'sticks and stones'-school) I don't find it's use offensive (but them I'm not jewish, rather atheist WASP stock) and it got me thinking about what's un/acceptable & in/offensive.

Any thoughts?  We can let this one go the way of the Titanic though, if it's too close to the bone.

Prick.  That's the one that get's me.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 08:54:27 pm by Bubba, Reason: no n-word thanks »

saltbeef

• forum hero
#9 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 13, 2007, 05:50:50 pm
my new fave is fuck pig.

account_inactive

• forum hero
#10 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 13, 2007, 06:05:02 pm
cunt chops

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#11 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 13, 2007, 06:37:43 pm
cock-gobbler
jizz-guzzler (the assonance pleases me)
fuck stick (courtesy of warden in Shawshank Redemption)
slag-whore

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#12 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 13, 2007, 06:44:10 pm
cunt chops
Grilled or fried, sir?

Arsebucket.
The most amusing insults at present are combinations of some swear word and something that isn't always related.

Did Andi_e really use the N-word?
Yes he did, but maybe the -ve karma was a bit harsh.  Or maybe not.  :shrug:

I was reading HP Lovecraft
I love Lovecraft.  Fekkin genius.  The Thing from out of Space is my fave. 

two twats (GCW & I)
Cheers  :lol:
half-cut
Speak for yourself.

I fear that offending people is becoming harder to predict.  People get up-tight about funny things, and often phrases that have been around for years.  "That's a bit gay" is something we used to say at school regularly, but now it's totally un-PC.  My Gran still says "darkies" and I'm sure that would offend people, but she's 95 so it's not worth the cost of prosecution.

Back in't day to say "well Jackson" meant Jackson Pollock.  ie Bollocks.  Now it's a good thing.  I don't get it.

Anyway, Houdickweed you're a total goatblower.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 06:49:29 pm by GCW, Reason: Well effing Jackson »

Yossarian

• forum hero
#13 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 13, 2007, 07:38:41 pm
there was a good article in the guardian not long ago about the c word. the most amusing story in it concerned a conversation a prim and proper and quite mature lady had in a restaurant, which was overhead by the author of the piece.  if my memory serves me correctly, the lady was becoming more and more exasperated by a particular waiter. eventually the lady called the maitre d' over, and explained in a loud and well-intonated voice that "this man is a total and utter cunt, and that's not a word i use lightly". now that's style.

personally, while i often find spoonerisms, forkerisms, kniferisms and combinations very amusing, i think the true power of expletives is when they are used singularly, with great economy, and in creative and unpredictable ways.

i felt a deep sense of pride when at a dinner party, my father complimented a stranger opposite on his splendid and obviously quite weighty cufflinks.  the rest of us looked round and admired them as the man in question thanked him. the old man went on to say, "i expect they make a lot of noise when you wank though".

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#14 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 13, 2007, 07:59:31 pm
Houdini - you need to see Clerks II.... "I'm taking it back".

Yoss - There was a review of Atonement in the Spectator this week where the C word was mentioned frequently.  Deborah Ross said she had always told her children when they asked what it means that it's "the german word for cake, but one should never, ever ask for it outside of Germany".

nik at work

• forum hero
#15 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 13, 2007, 08:03:16 pm
Yos that is genius.

On a seperate note the dog (a black labrador) in dambusters is called ni**er. Though in all recent viewing of this film it is 'removed' so as not to cause offense.

I like the swearies and do it regularly however i get very annoyed when parents can't moderate their language in front of their children. Twats.

I personally think that a word or collection of words can not of themselves be offensive, it is only the context of delivery that can be offensive. I just as insulted by non-sweary comments as sweary ones.

You can't beat a nice twat, saying it or fucking it....
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 08:55:04 pm by Bubba, Reason: sorry but no n-word plz »

Yossarian

• forum hero
#16 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 13, 2007, 08:23:21 pm
Deborah Ross said she had always told her children when they asked what it means that it's "the german word for cake, but one should never, ever ask for it outside of Germany".

and of course, you can't have your cunt and eat it...

Yossarian

• forum hero
#17 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 13, 2007, 08:31:45 pm

You can't beat a nice twat, saying it or fucking it....

i did think when i first broached this precious wonder of a thread that twat is a delicious little word.  if used too often it can sound a little cliched, but when squeezed into a brilliant twat-shaped gap it is a marvel to behold.

i think twat is best utilised in a fairly deadpan way. possibly when talking to or dealing with estate agents, car salesmen or people who use the word "occuring" when "happening" sounds so much more natural and unaffected.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#18 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 13, 2007, 08:41:58 pm
there was a good article in the guardian not long ago about the c word.

In a quick search for the above article, which I think I missed, I searched the Guardian's site for 'cunt'. 641 references. I really appreciate a paper that doesn't treat it's readers like infants and therefore doesn't feel the need to asterisk out the middle of every swearword.

'fuck' = 4644 results. Nice.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#19 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 13, 2007, 09:00:23 pm
Did Andi_e really use the N-word?
Yes he did, but maybe the -ve karma was a bit harsh.  Or maybe not.  :shrug:

I can totally understand the -ve karma. Remember that Big Brother contestant that was recently booted out for saying the same thing?

Official forum line - we can let "nigga" slide depending on the context (eg irony), but the n-word itself is not welcome here at all, so i've edited some of the above posts. Sorry if that seems over PC but that's just the way it is - i cringe whenever I see it and i certainly don't want google caching pages from this site with that word in it.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#20 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 13, 2007, 09:02:33 pm
ps if you want a lot of fucking, then this is what you need :)

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#21 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 13, 2007, 09:13:16 pm
It's a funny one, Bubba.  Caucasians saying n****r is wrong, but blacks (not sure if this is PC- sorry) can say it.  I guess that's fair enough, but they have essentially adopted a word intended to offend and turned it around.  Fair play.

During slavery slaves were sold to the americans by
portuguese slave traders.
The americans were buying ,"Ne-gros", which is spanish for black, the slaves owners coined the term, "N****r"
trying to say, "Ne-gro", "Black".
It did not start out as a derogatory term, it became
that after slavery to the civil rights movment and today. Blacks today say it means, "A low life person" with that anyone can be a n****r, this comes from a lack of research. Many blacks call themselves n****r, why ? I don't know, but it just means, "BLACK".

http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/40/messages/250.html  Says here it was originally just whites being dumb!

Yossarian

• forum hero
#22 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 13, 2007, 09:27:47 pm
there was a good article in the guardian not long ago about the c word.

In a quick search for the above article, which I think I missed, I searched the Guardian's site for 'cunt'. 641 references. I really appreciate a paper that doesn't treat it's readers like infants and therefore doesn't feel the need to asterisk out the middle of every swearword.

'fuck' = 4644 results. Nice.

i can't find it either.  it could be a cover up. i swear they published it though. maybe feb/march this year.

dave

#23 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 13, 2007, 09:43:16 pm
It's a funny one, Bubba.  Caucasians saying n****r is wrong, but blacks (not sure if this is PC- sorry) can say it.  I guess that's fair enough, but they have essentially adopted a word intended to offend and turned it around.  Fair play.

Theres obviously not much equality in the world if something (a word, or anything) is perceived as being purely the preserve of a particular ethnic group. we're all human beings. If a black person can say it in a non-offensive context then it aught to be true that so can a white person or an asian or an arab or an inuit or anyone. it aught to be about the context, afterall any word be be offensive in context.

I agree that the use of it in stuff like modern music etc does try to desensitize it and turn it around to something positive, non-offensive. Great, but if that use in positive context is restricted to black people then its not going to do a lot of good, its only going to become a non-offensive word if it becomes part of the universal lexicon. as long as its seen as the preserve of a particular ethnic group then its always going to maintain the racial connetations. tricky subject though.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#24 Re: You Berkeley Hunt!
September 13, 2007, 09:47:41 pm
In 1990 a homme member of my family dies of AIDS, myself and a few of the more enlightened members of 'the close knit' just love to joke of Our Uncs' Ass Injected Death Sentence.  Close to the boner?  You bet.  But this helps us...

I'd prefer no boundaries; there's such a massive difference between saying and doing
; there's nothing I couldn't mine for a weeze.  I think we've been indoctrinated to believe that one cuss word is more powerful than another. I don't think it is, it's just another word.  Society loves to latch onto buzzwords, but actions always have and always will speak louder.

The Guardian is the best paper in Britain.  I've seen 'cunt' on the front page.  What other paper would be brave enough to do that, other than Razzle, of course?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal