UKBouldering.com

Crag graf (Read 13668 times)

Paul B

• forum hero
#50 Re: Crag graf
April 28, 2007, 12:53:27 pm
It would be a massive shame if somewhere with as much history as this suffered due to a few peoples idiotic behaviour. It's almost certainly been done by climbers which shocks me, people who come to this crag must surely know of its rich history and its delicate access agreement?
There does seem to have been a dramatic rise in the bad behaviour of climbers, ignoring parking regulations (Back Bowden, Slipstones), shitting left right and center and now drawing giant cocks on the rock. Its got to stop.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#51 Re: Crag graf
April 28, 2007, 01:54:33 pm
There does seem to have been a dramatic rise in the bad behaviour of climbers
Os is it the increasing number of climbers, but the same proprtion of dickheads?
It's got to stop.
Couldn't agree more- but how?

Joe Brown

#52 Re: Crag graf
April 28, 2007, 02:08:03 pm
Education, education, education.

Paul B

• forum hero
#53 Re: Crag graf
April 28, 2007, 04:47:31 pm

Couldn't agree more- but how?

I thought a sign at said crag might do the trick but I don't know if that would just illustrate the fact that climbers go there? An article on a big site like UKC could go along way to educating people, I remember Panton's 10 commandments of bouldering maybe a re-iteration of this or an article that points out the venues we have lost or are on the verge of loosing because of twatty behaviour.

(woz)

• forum abuser
#54 Re: Crag graf
April 28, 2007, 04:49:28 pm
A worrying thing happened this morning at said crag. Whilst bouldering there, we heard voices coming up from the stream below, from people walking up the valley beside the stream. They got to around level with the crag (still at the base of the valley), and then turned back and thrashed back down again. This on its own could be put down to ignorant walkers, but one of the them was heard to say "oh look, there's crag x". We assumed that they would continue up the valley so we could have a word with them, but didn't realise they had turned around till it was too late.
Did they not know, or just not care? A possible argument for having a sticky on ukb outlining the situation?

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#55 Re: Crag graf
April 28, 2007, 06:20:27 pm

Hope that adds something to the debate  8)

Paul B

• forum hero
#56 Re: Crag graf
April 28, 2007, 07:13:00 pm
ha! sorry I must of dumped that off my clipboard somehow...(Anyway keith look and take note!)

The first time I went looking for Crag X I climbed the wall in the wrong place and followed a track for about 10m until it pretty much disappeared (no crag in sight) I then went home and rempremanded Ned for his directions and distance approxiamtion. Thrashing around in that area just isn't on, I know a few people have been questing further up stream for more rock which isn't on either.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#57 Re: Crag graf
April 28, 2007, 08:14:32 pm
Funnily enough, went here today and three folk appeared, not looking like boulderers. I asked how they'd found it and they replied "we've just stumbled on it, what a lovely spot. Where does the path go then?"
However R-man will be able to take heart from the fact that everyone there shared lifts, and some even parked at the bottom of the hill and walked up.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#58 Re: Crag graf
April 29, 2007, 10:30:01 pm
you went twice in the same year  :jaw:

dave

#59 Re: Crag graf
April 30, 2007, 12:13:34 pm
presumably checking jericho road is still shit? or have we moved on to checking if moffattrocity is still shit?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal