UKBouldering.com

Northumberland Bouldering (Read 16327 times)

gr

• regular
#25 Re: Northumberland Bouldering
April 05, 2007, 03:38:40 pm
you could also hit Rothley - its pretty close to Shaftoe

grimer

• forum hero
#26 Re: Northumberland Bouldering
April 05, 2007, 03:44:40 pm
Is Rothley where those little sharp aretes are, near the road. That was loads nicer, a really sweet venue. And is there stuff further left, too?

yoda

• regular
#27 Re: Northumberland Bouldering
April 05, 2007, 05:03:44 pm
As Shafftoe is best for lower to immediate grade range, Nathan can I ask you what grade range you are climbing??,maybe I could reccomend you some problems to try?

shaun-H

#28 Re: Northumberland Bouldering
April 05, 2007, 07:58:10 pm
yeah Rothley is where the aretes are was there yesterday ad a great day!! hanging arete is a fantastic v4/5 from sit also some great problems around it!! Yorkshire 8a is the classic traverse with some nice moves in between!

Nathan hit shafto and i don't think it will disappointed even tho Paul b is totally against it!!

shaun-H

#29 Re: Northumberland Bouldering
April 05, 2007, 08:00:24 pm
regards to friction found it ok, didn't slip of anything due to it being to hot!!

Paul B

• forum hero
#30 Re: Northumberland Bouldering
April 05, 2007, 08:43:36 pm
given the time constraints I guess its logical however the crag just isn't in the same league as Bowden, Kyloe in, I spent loads of time up at these crags when I lived further North so my view isn't one established by a crap visit where I couldnt find anything. The problems are lower quality, on worse rock and a worse setting its as simple as that still there is the odd problem thats worth a visit.

yoda

• regular
#31 Re: Northumberland Bouldering
April 06, 2007, 11:36:27 pm
still there is the odd problem thats worth a visit.
Name em ????

richdraws

• obsessive maniac
#32 Re: Northumberland Bouldering
April 07, 2007, 12:04:10 am
Ah well, I guess at the end of the day you have to decide between Negative Nancy and some Postive cool as fuck dudes who are dead hip and stuff. I am not bias at all but its fairly obvious I am right like.  ;)

Paul B may not like the WALK in.

I hope everyone sees the irony or I am getting booted to fuck.

yoda

• regular
#33 Re: Northumberland Bouldering
April 07, 2007, 10:40:28 am
Im with you Richdraws Shaftoe rules for us Hip dudes LOL
Heres a quick vid I made up of Shaftoe this morning for you non believers  ;D

Paul B

• forum hero
#34 Re: Northumberland Bouldering
April 07, 2007, 12:24:04 pm
Now go and watch the beardown productions vid of Northumberland...

yoda - this problem is ok:

(but i'd still prefer to be on any of the cave problems at bowden  ;))
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 12:30:35 pm by Paul B, Reason: add pic »

nathan wind

• obsessive maniac
    • some pics..
#35 Re: Northumberland Bouldering
April 07, 2007, 01:04:46 pm
looks good Paul, what is it?
liked the beardown vid too! are the probs featured in the current guide?

Yoda, liked the track on yo' vid, mark b and blade? broken hearts looked cool too!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 01:16:10 pm by nathan wind »

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
#36 Re: Northumberland Bouldering
April 07, 2007, 01:51:36 pm
That's the neb roof, broken hearts goes through the roof to the left from the same start holds.

shaun-H

#37 Re: Northumberland Bouldering
April 07, 2007, 05:53:49 pm
nice vid Yoda! still alot more quality problems there than what is shown!! are you sure about the broken hearts grade?? 6b??

yoda

• regular
#38 Re: Northumberland Bouldering
April 07, 2007, 11:57:11 pm
Hey guys thanx for the props for my video,Broken hearts was originally graded by its Daddy Andy Cowley who at the time gave it a tentative grade of 6B/6C It was named after a track by Frank Zappa,Im a weak mo fo, so unfortunately Ive never climbed it, so cant comment on its grade. As I mentioned earlier I edited the vid from footage I had lying around so unfortunately its not that long but Shaun you seem to know the score ;) ie) that theres plenty of classics amongst the dust He He  ;D.Hey Nathan the track is by the dub pistols on there new cd Speakers and tweeters.Glad to see you have actually been to Shaftoe Paul I was beginning to doubt it when you said it had a worse setting than Kyloe in LOL,Is the pic of you, Looks cool you picked a good prob there, I have footage of it on my first video that I ever did around 4 years ago..Ill admit the likes of Kyloe and Bowden have better high grade problems, but shaftoe is a quality area for lower/intermediate grade range SPIDERS and should not be dismissed.
Anyway enough yabbering

NE5 video, section 3

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
#39 Re: Northumberland Bouldering
April 08, 2007, 10:53:52 am
Nice Vid. Is the Font one going to be put up?

Paul B

• forum hero
#40 Re: Northumberland Bouldering
April 08, 2007, 12:40:42 pm
Glad to see you have actually been to Shaftoe Paul I was beginning to doubt it when you said it had a worse setting than Kyloe in LOL,Is the pic of you

:) - yes it is.

sharkey

• addict
#41 Re: Northumberland Bouldering
April 08, 2007, 09:59:36 pm
Come on lets face it your CV would look pretty lame, without at least one stumble across the moors of Shaftoe in search of the next Hueco ;D escoteric you bet, but to be fair it has it's treasures, the much publicised Areteland, Font boulder, Neb roof, Cob are all well worth a visit, bejesus even Moon has been and rated it :jaw:

yoda

• regular
#42 Re: Northumberland Bouldering
April 10, 2007, 09:10:11 pm
Sorry I havent replied in a couple of days my computer power supply decided to go pop,Visited Shaftoe yesterday complete with newly aquired shredded tendon (last time I try Blockbuster :( ),just tried a couple of easy problems and took some pics had a great time as usual,Dontfollowme Ill try and put the font video up,thats if Ive got enough space left on youtube,Ive just started to use it so dont know the score,all of the problems we did there were pretty easy,Dont worry Ill post it in the proper section next time ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal