UKBouldering.com

Premier Pro Import format (Read 2516 times)

squeek

• junky
Premier Pro Import format
March 21, 2007, 10:45:23 pm
Any tips on the best format for importing video from a DV camera to premier is?  I've got 30 gigs of what should be raw DV files, but they don't seem to work.  I've got 2 mpeg-2 files which also won't import into Premier.  (Video formats seems to always be such a pain for some reason).  The DV file won't open in virtual dub, or convert between DV type 1 to type II.  (So maybe there is a problem with the DV files, but the mpeg2s were made from them and I can play them with mplayer.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#1 Re: Premier Pro Import format
March 21, 2007, 11:08:46 pm
Squeek, perhaps an apt description of your problem. Although not as much of a self-facilitating media node as I was in uni, I worked with the MPEG-4 format in Final Cut without any problems.

Good luck senor!

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#2 Re: Premier Pro Import format
March 22, 2007, 09:43:55 am
I use AVI, but I've used MPEG in the past when space was more of an issue.  Premiere seems to be fine with most formats, even when you mix and match them.

squeek

• junky
#3 Re: Premier Pro Import format
March 22, 2007, 09:48:21 am
Thanks, there might be some useful stuff there, but their problem is more to do with ripping footage off a DVD whereas the footage I have is straight off a camcorder, and saved to a DV file with iMovie (maybe this isn't DV-AVI and that's the problem, I've never used iMovie).  I would have thought that this would import straight to Premier, but obviously not.  I'm quite surprised that the mpeg2 files are having problems too, especially as I can play them in mplayer (although they do struggle in media player so maybe a checksum is wrong and causing the import to fail, but that's just wild guessing on my part).

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#4 Re: Premier Pro Import format
March 22, 2007, 09:52:16 am
the footage I have is straight off a camcorder, and saved to a DV file with iMovie
Stupid question:  Why didn't you capture as MPEG/AVI etc?  Or is this someone else's file?
If you have Windows XP see if you can open your file in MovieMangler and convert it to MPEG/AVI.  Otherwise export from iMovie in another format.
Sorry, I'm not familiar with iMovie as I've never used it.

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#5 Re: Premier Pro Import format
March 22, 2007, 11:47:56 am
This may help - I've found it useful in the past. It will convert movie files to whatever you need -

http://www.alfanet.it/squared5/mpegstreamclip.html

Other possibly useful waffle about such stuff can be found here - http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=158993&v=1#2260869

« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 12:07:49 pm by r-man, Reason: Edit? What edit? You never saw nuffin! »

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#6 Re: Premier Pro Import format
March 22, 2007, 11:56:18 am
This may help - I've found it useful in the past. It will convert movie files to whatever you need -
Other possibly useful waffle about such stuff can be found here -

Were those two links supposed to be the same R?

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#7 Re: Premier Pro Import format
March 22, 2007, 12:08:40 pm
My good man, you are mistaken.  They aren't the same.  Not at all.

:whistle:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal