UKBouldering.com

Prague/ Czech republic (Read 4434 times)

CanadianDave

• regular
Prague/ Czech republic
March 11, 2007, 12:31:01 am
It looks like i'm going to be in a village just outside of prague called Cerny Vul for a week in september.

Does anyone on here know what the chances of finding any bouldering anywhere near there would be.

The czech climbing website wasn't much good to me....

thanks...dave

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#1 Re: Prague/ Czech republic
March 18, 2007, 11:40:54 am
if i was you id pop into one of the bouldering gyms in prague, that are quite nice and with good pub-restaurant upstaris and ask for a lift or info there.
ive been to the "boulder bar" and another one i dont recall right now. or maybe go to one of hudy sport shops and aske there.
ive heard the bouldering is ace.

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#4 Re: Prague/ Czech republic
March 18, 2007, 11:54:05 am

CanadianDave

• regular
#5 Re: Prague/ Czech republic
March 18, 2007, 08:40:57 pm
Thanks, petrohrad looks nice, I had already seen an article about the boulder bar and was getting excited till then end of the article said it was closed now....

inn wislon

• regular
    • I'll get you, Butler!
#6 Re: Prague/ Czech republic
March 22, 2007, 01:21:57 pm
I went to Petrohrad last year around about this time....quite manky in places but worth the visit, there are tons of blocks, i'm suprised it's not more popular, it covers a quite a large area and the beer and flights are cheap.....and you can get a guided tour of the mental institute if you bribe the guards.......

not sure where the link above takes you but,

http://www.czechclimbing.com/pruvodcx.php?key=979

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
#7 Re: Prague/ Czech republic
March 22, 2007, 01:54:04 pm
We briefly visited Petrohrad a few years ago. The village seemed full of very local locals who liked to stare but not to smile.
We had topos but these were stolen when we left them on our car for a few minutes to go and check out a sector, so we followed our noses and spent a morning playing around on what we could find, which was ok. but mainly easy. We wouldn't have wanted to spend another night there (we slept in the car over night, outside what we thought was a disused, derelict factory, but were woken by people arriving for work.). I wouldn't have gone near that spooky mental institute if you paid me.

We moved on to go route climbing at Decin, in the north of CZ, which was a much nicer and friendlier place, that I would recommend.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal