UKBouldering.com

autumn (Read 784 times)

soapy

• junky
    • maskon
autumn
September 18, 2006, 11:18:41 am
In the garden, Autumn is, indeed the crowning glory of the year, bringing us the fruition of months of thought and care and toil. And at no season, safe perhaps in Daffodil time, do we get such superb colour effects as from August to November.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#1 Re: autumn
September 18, 2006, 11:27:58 am
Here in the 'burg there is an amazing vast university garden and carp filled ponds open to the public with everything!  It's past full bloom now and dry as a bone.  I went there yesterday to collect seeds from the plants (bit naughty but all the dry seed pods are on the ground so I don't feel a thief).   The irises are shedding their pods at the mo' so i hope that next year I will have a fabulous crop of beautiful irises.   Why buy them new when I can plant a seed and watch them grow from nowt to something special?  Autumn rocks.  Calling Autumn "Fall" does not rock.

lorentz

• obsessive maniac
#2 Re: autumn
September 18, 2006, 11:41:34 am
"Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness" as the boy Keats said, innit. Autumn's that period that makes the transition from summer to winter bearable. Imagine going from July weather to January with nowt between!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal