UKBouldering.com

Guilty Pleasures (Read 50869 times)

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#75 Re: Guilty Pleasures
September 07, 2006, 08:39:11 pm
Nelly Furtado - Maneater.  Hooky pap heard a million times but it's fuckin' boss, especially with all these nice backing harmonies.  Lovely.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#76 Re: Guilty Pleasures
September 07, 2006, 09:31:10 pm

I quite like Maneater....until Fatboyslimfast pointed out the repetitive shout in the background. Once I'd heard that it ruined it for me. Anyone hear Basement Jaxx's live version of Maneater? Not sure whether I liked it or not, but it was different.

lorentz

• obsessive maniac
#77 Re: Guilty Pleasures
September 07, 2006, 11:14:06 pm
(Kajagoogoo etc...)
the clothes

the hair

and

the music, man, the music

they r.a.w.k.e.d.

*see also milli vanilli*

and lets not be forgetting Limahll's (spelling?) solo effort with the "Never Ending Story" theme! Still sends a shiver down my spine every time i hear that (the last time wankered in some god awful 80s nite at 3 in the morning trying to avoid being beaten up by rugby playing ex public schoolboys and just wanting to DIE!)

And talking of which...

Georgio Moroder and Phill Oakley - Electric Dreams

Altogether now...

"I only knew you for a while,
I never saw you smile
Til it was time to go....
Time to go Awaaaaaaaaay!"

Pure shite but somehow captures the early Now That's What I Call Music zeitgeist> Happy innocent days

:guilty:

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#78 Re: Guilty Pleasures
September 08, 2006, 12:37:47 am
I thought this was a thread about masturbating for a minute.
Houdini was doing the Si O' version I think JB

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#79 Re: Guilty Pleasures
September 08, 2006, 06:54:09 am
Remember Jim - when going for a gag, don't forget to inject a splash - just a soupcon - of humour, just for old times sake eh?  Ease it down the road, like.

Spelling!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 07:15:58 am by Houdini »

soapy

• junky
    • maskon
#80 Re: Guilty Pleasures
September 08, 2006, 07:03:13 am
well, enough of the romantics

*puts on roxette - the look

[img]http://www.sonofaplumber.com/images/rox_thelook.jpg[/mg]

soapy

• junky
    • maskon
#81 Re: Guilty Pleasures
September 08, 2006, 09:50:11 am
gah!

as you were

soapy

• junky
    • maskon
#82 Re: Guilty Pleasures
September 08, 2006, 11:40:54 am

andy_e

• forum hero
#83 Re: Guilty Pleasures
September 09, 2006, 11:57:28 pm
Is Robert Miles worthy of being a guilty pleasure? If so,  :guilty:

lorentz

• obsessive maniac
#84 Re: Guilty Pleasures
September 11, 2006, 09:42:41 am
Robert MIles.... Definitely> Also  :guilty:

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#85 Re: Guilty Pleasures
September 13, 2006, 11:47:30 am
Bowie - Lets dance.

I know!  I know!  I just can't help it!

lorentz

• obsessive maniac
#86 Re: Guilty Pleasures
September 13, 2006, 01:02:59 pm
Nowt wrong with that! Quality tune, although strangely now sounds more dated than his earlier stuff. Definitely an 80s classic.

Now if you'd mentioned his late 90s attempt at drum&bass that would have been shameful. Stay outta da jungle, bowie! :spank:

soapy

• junky
    • maskon
#87 Re: Guilty Pleasures
September 13, 2006, 01:58:20 pm
classic albums

i also have somewhere in the attic a wet-look black bomber jacket from the glass spider tour

how fucking rock'n'roll am i !!!!!11

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#88 Re: Guilty Pleasures
September 13, 2006, 02:05:52 pm
It's not my guilty pleasure I assure you ossifer but trust me, someone out there in Realityland is listening to Tin Machine right this minute (!).  I ask ye!

andy_e

• forum hero
#89 Re: Guilty Pleasures
September 13, 2006, 02:59:38 pm
Mike Oldfield -  :guilty: as charged.

soapy

• junky
    • maskon
#90 Re: Guilty Pleasures
September 14, 2006, 08:05:23 am
for the delectation of the more discerning among you:

includes such gems as:

reggae like it used to be
dancing with the captain
grandma's party
mr mestoffelees

::)

webbo

• forum hero
#91 Re: Guilty Pleasures
September 14, 2006, 01:29:42 pm
 occasionally find myself singing along to andy williams. :whistle:

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#92 Re: Guilty Pleasures
September 17, 2006, 09:50:58 am
Occassionally I find the lass humming fiddy cents Candy Shop...    Gahhh!

Ocassionally she finds me humming Britney Spears (the one where she is an air hostess)...

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#93 Re: Guilty Pleasures
September 18, 2006, 11:29:31 am
Bubba - I can't listen to Maneater now!  You've ruined it by pointing out Fatlads observation!  :furious: ("Oooh")

soapy

• junky
    • maskon
#94 Re: Guilty Pleasures
September 19, 2006, 04:27:10 pm
erm, i looked at my post count; 242

[lightbulb]

front 242 - modern angel

[/lightbulb]

ah, e.b.m.

'cept now it's 243, dammit!

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#95 Re: Guilty Pleasures
September 19, 2006, 04:44:35 pm
It's just a tune, but for some totally inexplicable reason, I often seem to listen to Physical by Olivia Newton John. I could sugar coat it under the veil of "Oh I'm gonna do some out there electro remix of it", and if I am, I'm not making much progress  :-[

soapy

• junky
    • maskon
#96 Re: Guilty Pleasures
September 19, 2006, 04:50:45 pm
here you go mono

..hope you've got the kleenex ready..

Monolith

• forum hero
#97 Re: Guilty Pleasures
September 19, 2006, 05:01:40 pm
Jesus Christ soapy!!! That looks the coolest video in the world, and I have to say OLJ is looking HOT!

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#98 Re: Guilty Pleasures
September 19, 2006, 08:51:19 pm
Physical!   

Physical!

I wanna get physica-haaaal!

Let me hear your bahdy talk!

Fux sake 'olith!

Oh-kayeeeeee....   After me!

I'm your private dancer
A dancer for money
I'll do what you want me to do
I'm your private dancer
A dancer money
Any old music will do.

Fucker!  More!

I'm your private dancer
A dancer for money
I'll do what you want me to do
I'm your private dancer
A dancer money
Any old music will do.

GAAAAAaaaAAAaahh!           

Begone foul beast!

I cast you out, unclean spirit, along with every Satanic power of the enemy, every spectre from hell, and all your fell companions; in the name of our Lord Jesus  Christ. Begone and stay far from this creature of God.  For it is He who commands you, He who flung you headlong from the heights of heaven into the depths of hell. It is He who commands you, He who once stilled the sea and the wind and the storm. Hearken, therefore, and tremble in fear, Satan, you enemy of the faith, you foe of the human race, you begetter of death, you robber of life, you corrupter of justice, you root of all evil and vice; seducer of men, betrayer of the nations, instigator of envy, font of avarice, fomentor of discord, author of pain and sorrow. Why, then, do you stand and resist, knowing as you must that Christ the Lord brings your plans to nothing? Fear Him, who in Isaac was offered in sacrifice, in Joseph sold into bondage, slain as the paschal lamb, crucified as man, yet triumphed over the powers of hell. (The three signs of the cross which follow are traced on the brow of the possessed person). Begone, then, in the name of the Father,  and of the Son,  and of the Holy  Spirit. Give place to the Holy Spirit by this sign of the holy  cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, God, forever and ever.

Depart, then, transgressor. Depart, seducer, full of lies and cunning, foe of virtue, persecutor of the innocent. Give place, abominable creature, give way, you monster, give way to Christ, in whom you found none of your works. For He has already stripped you of your powers and laid waste your kingdom, bound you prisoner and plundered your weapons. He has cast you forth into the outer darkness, where everlasting ruin awaits you and your abettors. To what purpose do you insolently resist? To what purpose do you brazenly refuse? For you are guilty before almighty God, whose laws you have transgressed. You are guilty before His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, whom you presumed to tempt, whom you dared to nail to the cross. You are guilty before the whole human race, to whom you prof erred by your enticements the poisoned cup of death.

Therefore, I adjure you, profligate dragon, in the name of the spotless  Lamb, who has trodden down the asp and the basilisk, and overcome the lion and the dragon, to depart from this man (woman)  (on the brow), to depart from the Church of God  (signing the bystanders). Tremble and flee, as we call on the name of the Lord, before whom the denizens of hell cower, to whom the heavenly Virtues and Powers and Dominations are subject, whom the Cherubim and Seraphim praise with unending cries as they sing: Holy, holy, holy, Lord God of Sabaoth. The Word made flesh  commands you; the Virgin's Son  commands you; Jesus  of Nazareth commands you, who once, when you despised His disciples, forced you to flee in shameful defeat from a man; and when He had cast you out you did not even dare, except by His leave, to enter into a herd of swine. And now as I adjure you in His  name, begone from this man (woman) who is His creature. It is futile to resist His  will. It is hard for you to kick against the  goad. The longer you delay, the heavier your punishment shall be; for it is not men you are condemning, but rather Him who rules the living and the dead, who is coming to judge both the living and the dead and the world by fire.

Depart, then,  impious one, depart,  accursed one, depart with all your deceits, for God has willed that man should be His temple. Why do you still linger here? Give honor to God the Father  almighty, before whom every knee must bow. Give place to the Lord Jesus  Christ, who shed His most precious blood for man. Give place to the Holy  Spirit, who by His blessed apostle Peter openly struck you down in the person of Simon Magus; who cursed your lies in Annas and Saphira; who smote you in King Herod because he had not given honor to God; who by His apostle Paul afflicted you with the night of blindness in the magician Elyma, and by the mouth of the same apostle bade you to go out of Pythonissa, the soothsayer. Begone,  now! Begone,  seducer! Your place is in solitude; your abode is in the nest of serpents; get down and crawl with them. This matter brooks no delay; for see, the Lord, the ruler comes quickly, kindling fire before Him, and it will run on ahead of Him and encompass His enemies in flames. You might delude man, but God you cannot mock. It is He who casts you out, from whose sight nothing is hidden. It is He who repels you, to whose might all things are subject. It is He who expels you, He who has prepared everlasting hellfire for you and your angels, from whose mouth shall come a sharp sword, who is coming to judge both the living and the dead and the world by fire.

Amen!

Out!  Out!  Out
    Oliver Newton John!  Get the fuck out of my head!

« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 09:02:20 pm by Houdini »

Monolith

• forum hero
#99 Re: Guilty Pleasures
September 19, 2006, 09:10:41 pm
He who hath spoken in such dialogue maketh me feel consumeth by a higher power. I've never understood such epic biblical language, but I know it makes one feel overshadowed, much in the way that listening to Wagner makes one feel like attempting to take over Poland (that's a quote I'm sure from a classical boffin?)

Long live OLJ, she's in great shape still isn't she Houdi?! Keep her in the mind for all those moments when your German Grattan equivalent isn't to hand.
That takes me back...swapping your mother's Grattan Gossamer sections in the playground for the latest Playtex section off that bastard who's mum always had up to the minute catalogues. I have digressed, I apologise.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal