UKBouldering.com

your day, today (Read 3462 times)

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
your day, today
August 24, 2006, 11:05:06 pm
Bag of shit or crock of gold?

Me the fourth day on the trot in stoke on trent.  If there was ever a shit hole crying out for nuclear testing it would be stoke on trent.

And to cap it all I'm on call this weekend so can't even go climbing.

At this rate I'll be struggling on 5+ at font this September.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#1 Re: your day, today
August 24, 2006, 11:10:00 pm
spent the day dreaming about perfect conditions on the peak whilst ay my desk in the isle of dogs...guess that's the life i chose tho word  :furious:

planning a trip to the peak to settle some old scores...deiverance - you're going down yo!

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#2 Re: your day, today
August 24, 2006, 11:20:49 pm
At this rate I'll be struggling on 5+ at font this September.

And what will be new there eh?? :P

Carnage

• forum hero
  • Pommie Bastard
#3 Re: your day, today
August 24, 2006, 11:22:48 pm
Its only just begun, and I'm at my desk, but hey - The sun's shining, its Sat tomorrow and I'm off out to boulder (as usual).

**GLOAT OVER**

DMC

#4 Re: your day, today
August 25, 2006, 04:29:57 am

Me the fourth day on the trot in stoke on trent.  If there was ever a shit hole crying out for nuclear testing it would be stoke on trent.

And to cap it all I'm on call this weekend so can't even go climbing.

Definitely a bag of shite. Weather's crap, I'm still recovering from a groundfall a couple of weeks ago so can;t climb anyway. Lots of painting and housework to get on with.

Is Stoke actually worse than Coventry?

To avoid work interfering your weekends try becoming a househusband (-ish) like me. I would recommend avoiding crash landings though, there's nobody about to pick you up!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#5 Re: your day, today
August 25, 2006, 06:37:53 am
Pretty shite - I've been working nights the last two weeks. I suspect that if you always do nights you get used to it, but because I only do them once in a while it's really fucked me up. You dunno what time or even what day it is most of the time, plus I've only had about 5 hours sleep most nights (days!).

This week it's been pretty physical work for 4 hours, followed by 3 hours of driving. This means taking shit loads of caffeine* all night, then being wired when I get home so needing a couple of beers to wind down before sleep.

Anyway, only one more to go and then it's bank holiday weekend, and after that I'm back to normal hours :)

* The new Airwaves Active chewing gum rocks for staying awake - 5mg caffeine in each piece of gum.

TN

• regular
#6 Re: your day, today
August 25, 2006, 09:00:38 am
Not bad at all.
It's Friday, the sun's shining, the office monkeys are on holiday and, whilst I know I SHOULD be working, picking the skin off my tips and playing with my new camera are proving worthwhile distractions.
The only way the day could be improved is if it was 5.15pm

I think I *may* end up on call on Monday though, because our clients in Ireland are not on holiday and we have a customer who's decided Monday is a good day to reorganise all their IP addresses. It'll never work again....

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#7 Re: your day, today
August 25, 2006, 09:42:02 am
Me the fourth day on the trot in stoke on trent
dont get me started on stoke......what a fucking dump

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#8 Re: your day, today
August 25, 2006, 09:42:54 am

Dunno.  You decide: today, using the power of my anal and abdominal muscles alone, I made a morning number 2 in the perfect shape of an ankh!  With no movement from me other than the movement of my movement moving.

Peace brothers and sisters. 

(My dump is more impressive than Stoke.)

andy popp

• forum hero
#9 Re: your day, today
August 25, 2006, 09:51:20 am
I lived in Stoke for ten years. I liked it. As for my day, taking the children to Ireland this afternoon for a few days. Haven't been before so should be good. Mine's a guinness.

Mick Ryan

• addict
#10 Re: your day, today
August 25, 2006, 10:11:02 am
Off to climb on the Douglas Boulder, Ben Nevis......then that long ridge above it.

M

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
#11 Re: your day, today
August 25, 2006, 10:27:16 am
Crock of gold hopefully.

As soon as I have packed the car I'm driving up to Yorkshire to go bouldering at Bridestones and hopefully nail Charlotte Rampling (the problem). I just hope its not too hot.

soapy

• junky
    • maskon
#12 Re: your day, today
August 25, 2006, 10:30:02 am
the outlook is poor

spent a goodly portion of last night on the voddie/over-caffeinated sugary drink company, so am by turns wide awakey and feeling piskey

..add to that the horror of 'dad' dancing to urban riddim at the local meat market..

pour le weekend m'sieur:

tomoz - staring at the carpet

sun - gentle blodder

mon - chuffage

..drinking with bright young things half ones age is so humiliating

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#13 Re: your day, today
August 25, 2006, 10:31:42 am
Running umpteen identical experiments (such is the thrill of science).... but looking forward to a long weekend of trad cragging.  I haven't dared look at the weather forecast for days in case it depresses me. 

Keeping my spirits above zero-point by continuing to compile an uber Lakes / Northumberland / North East England / Yorkshire Grit ticklist during lulls in my obedient service to my plasma reactor (one thing with Durham, not really near to anywhere but <100ish miles from lots of good stuff).

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#14 Re: your day, today
August 25, 2006, 10:33:15 am
Not bad today... early to rise, grapefruit, cereal, a pint of Java and a noodle on the guitar.

Got a report to finish up, then a teleconference with Californiayay and then off to Abersoch until Tuesday.  Longboard and Egg strapped to the roof and there's going to be some waves even though there'll be an onshore breeze.  It's my birthday tomorrow so I hope to spend the afternoon in the water then grab a nice dinner somewhere with Mrs FD and then have a few  :beer1:

account_inactive

• forum hero
#15 Re: your day, today
August 25, 2006, 11:46:08 am
Yesterday was a complete bag of shit.  The house me and the missus were about to buy was guzumpted (sic) at the very last minute (is it the house or us that is guzumpted?).  So far we had forked out for surveys and solicitors fees and was about to get dragged into a contract/bidding war.  We decided to fuck it off late last night.

This morning, however, we phone up to tell the solicitor our intentions and it turns out that there are 3 other buyers locked in this wrangle  :jaw: Each would have to spend £2000ish just to compete for the house and have no guarantee of owning it at the end.

So today is a new day and a brilliant one at that  :beer2:

(woz)

• forum abuser
#16 Re: your day, today
August 25, 2006, 12:54:06 pm
Another wonderful day of nothingness in the sea of long university summers. Having a rest day from climbing as my tendons are feeling the pain of 6 days on, one day off etc. Hope you are all jealous :P

AndyR

• forum hero
#17 Re: your day, today
August 25, 2006, 07:15:20 pm
Looking good here - perfect blue sky in Vancouver, and off to Whistler this weekend - probably a gentle boulder and some mountain biking  :thumbsup:

dave

#18 Re: your day, today
August 25, 2006, 07:38:04 pm
i've just burnt my thumb on a pan. thumb now complete with insitu blister. anticipating weekend will be spent scouring the peak for climb that doens't involve pinching in any way with the right hand.

Stubbs

#19 Re: your day, today
August 25, 2006, 08:23:49 pm
Two days of hell on site now over, and looking forward to a weekend of warm grit bouldering at the cliff, sports chuffing at the cove, and who knows what on monday. Add in some skateboarding and a houseparty and the weekend is shaping up rather nicely.

Is it wrong to live for the weekends  :-\

bigphil

• menacing presence
#20 Re: your day, today
August 25, 2006, 08:46:09 pm
Today was middlin'.  I'm off for a week to ibeefa and had to finish loads of stuff so I didn't actually finish until around eight.  Still, it will take me less than 2 minutes to wander the 100m to the front door of Space once I land on Sunday morning and then I won't walk back out of that door until sometime on Monday.

nik at work

• forum hero
#21 Re: your day, today
August 25, 2006, 09:07:51 pm
Today was spent mixing and laying floor screed, just finished.
Tomorrow will be spent dong the same.
As will sunday.
And Monday.
What a bank holiday, still things are coming along quite nicely now and I've even heard a rumour of hot water and central heating by the end of October, mmmmmmmmmmm baths......

whispering nic

• player
#22 Re: your day, today
August 25, 2006, 09:29:01 pm
Woke up psyched, went to B&Q to get the neccesary for the shed witha view to getting out afterwards. Was raining by the time  I got home  >:(

lorentz

• obsessive maniac
#23 Re: your day, today
August 25, 2006, 11:31:31 pm
Today was rigging cameras at Twickenham for the rugby league final tomorrow. I was 2 hours early for work cos the call time changed and no-one thought to tell me. :wank:

Working tomorrow on Powergen final and then working at Goodwood on Sunday. Should be good, but social life's in tatters these days! Weekend? What's that then? Still, few days off next week so mustn't grumble.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal