UKBouldering.com

will climbing affect my bass playing? (Read 1054 times)

Tubbs 15

• regular
will climbing affect my bass playing?
July 24, 2006, 11:26:29 pm
Im a total and utter noob to bouldering. i know that you have to have strong fingers for it, and i wondered if that would affect my playing and the speed of my fingers.

Thanks for all your help!

Tubbs  ;D

lorentz

• obsessive maniac
I dabble in 'geeetarr' (I only play 'bout once a week - life's busy!) Climbing has only ever made my fingers stronger and playing faster. Found my hammer-ons and pull offs much better too. Sure your bass playing will not be adversely affected, unless you get so sucked into the climbing thing that you stop playing (it's possible!) Get yourself a gripmaster to help build finger strength. Good luck with both, squire. 8)

Tubbs 15

• regular
but doesn't more muscle make your fingers less quick because they are more restricted by the muscle. I have very fast and nimble fingers and Ive gotten used to it and i don't want to lose that luxury. But then again your probably right.

Tubbs  ;D

P.S. whats the idea behind the karma (i know what it is but how does it work on this forum, is it based on bad posts or is it when you don't use correct punctuation or spell check?)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 05:21:44 pm by Tubbs 15 »

Duma

• forum hero
there's no muscles in your fingers lad...

re karma - most seem reasonable with it, though using things like 'noob' will probably wind a few up after a while.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
P.S. whats the idea behind the karma ?

Giving -ve K is the equivalent of calling someone a cunt but never having to admit to it.  ;)  Just a guess, like.

BenF

• forum hero
P.S. whats the idea behind the karma (i know what it is but how does it work on this forum, is it based on bad posts or is it when you don't use correct punctuation or spell check?)

Haha, yeah let's start giving negative karma for bad spelling or use of text speak.  We'd all be f*cked.

And maybe give positive karma for...  oh I don't know, seems easier to just scrap the positive karma.  (That was a joke by the way before someone takes me seriously for once).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal