UKBouldering.com

Water Cum Jolly Cornice/Two Tier - Cheedale (Read 5366 times)

north_country_boy

• junky
Anyone know what condition the Cornice at Water cum Jolly and Two Tier, Cheedale are in? Heard cornice was drying out well a couple of weeks back.....whats the crack now?......and i'm presuming two tier should be dry?

Paul B

• forum hero
im reckonening that wet spell would have set it back a bit unfortunately.

north_country_boy

• junky
Cheers Paul, been meaning to head down this week to have a glance, but revision and coursework have been a drag! All finished now, which is a bit weird so going to be heading out a fair bit over next few weeks, let me know if u fancy getting on some routes as the bouldering clan don't sound to keen for it!

Dan

Paul B

• forum hero
Got my last exam now! all ive got after that is a presentation on wed and an interview on thur, need to get strong again after not dong much for 3 weeks but im sure it'll all come back this week. So yeah im psyched for loads of routes, drop me a pm or something. Ps - Got some transportation now...

north_country_boy

• junky
Cool, have done, good luck with the exam mate

Teaboy

• forum hero
Two Tier was dry today, I didn't check it out properly but even the stuff around Systems Malfunction looked dry. Wading the river was as cold as ever!

Paul B

• forum hero
Just got back from the cornice - cleaned up disillusioned glue machine so now there's no excuse for all you lot to still seige free monster. Its about the only route there with new bolts and a shiny lower off. Needs a bit more traffic to clean up all the foot holds on the traverse but its mostly done.

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Good effort. Have some waddage.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Ditto

Paul B

• forum hero
the 2nd bolt on brachiation dance is a bit loose at the minute, just needs tightening up but I didnt have a spanner with me today. Its now finger tight just could do with a little extra, if anyone's heading down that way soon it might be worth taking a spanner.

dave

a genre spanner?

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
Anyone know why a mayon has been left on the last bolt of Why Me on Two Tier. It's not exactly difficult to get to the belay from there now is it  :-\

Stu Littlefair

• forum hero
    • http://www.darkpeakimages.co.uk
Was debating that at the weekend. It's probably so someone can toprope the route without the rope going over a big bulge and getting knacked.

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
So why not take it out afterwards? Makes clipping the third from the ground with my extra-long (just for those high first bolts at Kilnsey, you understand) clip-stick difficult....

Paul B

• forum hero
Anyone been to WCJ cornice recently? Is it/rumble seeping yet? Thanks.

Paul B

• forum hero
Got to the cornice early ish today to find brachiation dance, free monster and all the things to the left seeping badly, from here to disillusioned was fine, however when i left the entire crag looked like a waterfall. Odly enough the line of pockets below the last roof on rumble were completely dry, thought they'd be the first to go. You get soaked climbing from all the drips from the last roof though!

I reckon the cornice is finished for this season.  :'(

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i165/bennp2000/DSC00168.jpg

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal