UKBouldering.com

Austria information... (Read 897 times)

c.j.d.

• forum abuser
  • Great.
Austria information...
April 09, 2006, 04:01:40 pm
Can anyone help?  I am off to Maltatal and Saalachtal mid May.  I'm pretty sure that I fly to Salzburg, and then short drive down to Saalachtal (50km?).  Anyone got any info on camping/dossing out, and is there any topos anywhere on the net/I can buy?  Also, what sort of conditions could one expect this time of year (optiimistic answers please).  Cheers guys (and gals).

dave

#1 Austria information...
April 09, 2006, 04:13:21 pm
the only info i could find about maltatal was on the old udini site. its pretty sketchey though, i only found emotional landscapes by complete chance. basically the best bet is drive up the valley for quite a way till you can see boulders up on your right and head up to have a look. NOT the shit one right by the roack with graffiti. if you get to the big gasthaus/cafe thing at the top of the valley you've gone too far.

Maltatal/Kärnten: Südlich der Alpen etwa eineinhalb Autostunden von Salzburg entfernt, befindet sich ein Boulderjuwel. Granitblöcke liegen verstreut in einem kleinen Tal. Bis 1999 gab es hier nur mehrere Boulder vom Local Gerhard Schaar. Der Zugang & was erlaubt ist und was nicht ist etwas unklar in diesem Gebiet, deshalb gibt es hier auch keine Topos. Um überhaupt ein paar Blöcke zu finden, hier ein kleiner Tip: Ins Maltal fahren, durch Malta durch und weiter bis auf der rechten Seite, auf einer Kuhweide, ein Block mit sehr guten Aufwärmproblemen liegt. Fast alle anderen Blöcke liegen hinter diesem Block auf der rechten Talseite im Wald...

in english: locate the Maltatal on the map (nearest bigger town: Villach), drive into the valley past Malta, park after a boulder on your right side (this has excellent warm-ups), most of the other boulders are (not more 600m!) behind this boulder on the right hillside in the forest...

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#2 Austria information...
April 10, 2006, 11:37:26 am
The only information you need for Austria, Floppy, is that they distill "STROH" there.  (80% proof!)  

But if I remember rightly your tummy doesn't like 'herb liquor'...  

Remember at  Kratzs' party?   When I serupticiously rounded-up the many inches of Jägermeister that the sensible drinkers had forsaken, poured them all into one tall glass - which you greedily quaffed as if it was booty juice?!

Remember that turn you had, soon after?  

Dude, you've been preparing for this moment since you were 12!  You'll fucking love The Lost Reich!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal