UKBouldering.com

chipping in the Peak (Read 3090 times)

dave

chipping in the Peak
April 28, 2003, 03:04:00 pm
So now the evenings are light and you're climbing till 9 with no dinner, whats your favourite chippy in the Peak, expecially for post-climbing gorging?

Mine is that one in Tideswell. Its proper old skool, where you can get onion rings for 6p each, chips cooked in dripping (i think). A real chippy ain't a real chippy unless its run by a middle-aged husband and wife combo, him wearing a white coat and her in a stripy tabbard. You can get chips, peas, battered sausage and a can of Dandelion & Burdock and knows its gonna hit the spot.

Any other challengers then? I know the stoney chippy was bo but it never seems to be open, sob sob.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 chipping in the Peak
April 28, 2003, 03:09:20 pm
<blatant lie>My body is a temple so chips would never ever pass my lips. </blatant lie>

I usually pick 'em up on my way home, and my two faves, mainly coz they're local, but also coz they're pretty good are the one on Derbyshire Lane, and the one at Heeley Green. yeah, I know that's not exactly in the Peak though.....

Longlands can do a decent chip butty, but the atmosphere is a bit iffy, and it's not really a chippy.

Anyone been to the new Stoney Cafe?

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#2 chipping in the Peak
April 29, 2003, 07:35:01 am
Anyone been to the new Stoney Cafe?

No but it does look nice. Big change from the old one - which had its charms! I like the curly fries in the cafe at the crossroads at Calver - you know, the one with the poo Outside attached (why don't you sell chalk?).

Failing that (and I can't even remember if they serve chips) Grindleford Station cafe makes a cracking breakfast. Why not ask them to alter it for you? they're very accomodating. Customer service = priority number 1.  :wink:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#3 chipping in the Peak
April 29, 2003, 08:33:50 am
Quote from: "dobbin"
Big change from the old one - which had its charms!

I think Fatboy met his future wife in that cafe - sigh! their eyes met over a sausage butty and a plate of greasy fries.....  :wink:

Grindleford Station cafe makes a cracking breakfast. Why not ask them to alter it for you? they're very accomodating. Customer service = priority number 1.

Ha ha! They are the biggest bunch of tossers about, aren't they - I refuse to go there now coz of their shite attitude. I've stood at the counter once with 3 others with them nattering in the kitchen for so long that in the end we just pissed off somewhere else...

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#4 chipping in the Peak
April 29, 2003, 12:40:17 pm
I bet they lose loads of business that way, theres your group of mates that refuse to go, I have another two groups of about ten lads both of which refuse to go there for the same reason!

I like the sign which reads 'No Mobile Phones, we came here to get away from them'.

I thought I remembered Ang working at Stoney cafe - I worked with her at the Foundry in the cafe all those years ago. Of course she only had eyes for the Fatboy, but I could tell she fancied me really  :wink:    :poke:

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#5 chipping in the Peak
April 29, 2003, 04:20:20 pm
watch it sonny
you may have strong fingers but i weigh twice as much as you
I'll sit on you, then youll be sorry

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#6 chipping in the Peak
April 29, 2003, 11:03:14 pm
:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :uhoh:

You mean she didn't fancy a 6 stone long haired scruffy student scumball that could do 1-4-7 but still completely inept? why not? what was wrong with me?

In fact, as I remember it it was Ange who put me off the chips from Stoney Cafe by telling me gratuitous tales of the filth in the chip room.  :roll:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#7 chipping in the Peak
April 29, 2003, 11:21:25 pm
... gratuitous tales of the filth in the chip room....

Well I know you were keen Fatboy, but you could have waited 'til you got back to the bedroom  :wink:

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#8 chipping in the Peak
April 30, 2003, 07:49:24 am
I always thought she was referring to chip fat when she spoke of the oozing grease and noxious smell - I can see now how I must be mistaken.

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#9 chipping in the Peak
May 01, 2003, 07:11:52 pm
The most noxious smells of all of course radiated from my dear Fatty's rancid dreads. It was the smell that turned me on, hence I had to pass on Dobbin's clean and shiny locks. Love & LARD, fatgirl slimmer

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#10 chipping in the Peak
May 02, 2003, 08:04:50 am
Quote from: "fatgirl slimmer"
... my dear fatty's...

:D   :D  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal