UKBouldering.com

What level do you operate at? (Read 9764 times)

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#25 What level do you operate at?
April 03, 2003, 10:15:34 am
Quote from: "Bubba"
then came the Boreal Fire and super friction...

Theres a particularly good piccie of Wolfgang Gullich doing Separate Reality in a pair of fire's and hideous running shorts. Of anyone else it would be a crime, but as he could do 1-4-7 on monos and climbed 9a years before anyone else - its ok.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#26 What level do you operate at?
April 03, 2003, 10:24:20 am
Gullich was a revolutionary in his approach to training and forced standards on. Action Directe is still considered the benchmark 9a, and it was done in 1991  :shock:

Still only had a handful of ascents too.

Such a shame he died in such an un-necessary way (aren't they always though), falling asleep at the wheel.

chris

• menacing presence
#27 What level do you operate at?
April 03, 2003, 10:26:55 am
if wolfgang were still alive he could probably out climb us all in a pair of cowboy boots let alone old rock boots. it is a cool pic those shorts are so bad, but some how i quite fancy gettin me a pair!! :shock:

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#28 What level do you operate at?
April 03, 2003, 10:37:03 am
Quote from: "chris"
those shorts are so bad, but some how i quite fancy gettin me a pair!! :shock:

You sick freak! I thought I'd seen you hanging around Endcliffe Park trying to lure children into the public toilets with them shorts. You filth dog! you are a disgrace to the climbing fraternity

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#29 What level do you operate at?
April 03, 2003, 10:40:55 am
And also let's not forget Wolfgang was the inventor of the Campus board.

When I was a young innocent young lad (hah!) fresh to Sheffield, I was bouldering out on the Endcliffe Park wall prior to bussing it out to the Peak. I was approached by a strange much older bloke who was chatting away with me and trying to get me to come with him - he was telling me all about his religious group called the "Twigs".  
I declined and beat a hasty retreat to Burbage but always wondered what the fuck that was about! Was he just trying to lure me to his flat, or is there really a cult called the Twigs?

On a motorway bridge near Mansfield, someone has written "Twigs" - it's been there years.....cult, or was he just after me batty?

chris

• menacing presence
#30 What level do you operate at?
April 03, 2003, 12:03:59 pm
dobbin stop denying yourself. you know you want to see me in those shorts!! :huh:

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#31 What level do you operate at?
April 03, 2003, 03:20:19 pm
and I do... I dream about it every night.... every night that I forget my medication that is...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal