UKBouldering.com

angel bay - bridey arete (Read 1720 times)

tomc

• player
angel bay - bridey arete
August 20, 2005, 08:50:21 pm
not sure if its been done before - but went to angel bay yesterday with mr cassidy and he did bridey arete from a sitter - just wondering if mr p knew if that had been done or not - maybe a bit of a weird one as the pebbles could be lower or higher hiding footholds etc??

ned

• menacing presence
#1 angel bay - bridey arete
August 20, 2005, 09:34:57 pm
I did it last summer, only after scooping out a hollow for my heel below the left foothold. Quite a nice slappy move i seem to remember.

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#2 angel bay - bridey arete
August 20, 2005, 11:12:12 pm
It has been done by various people over the years (myself included). The reason I didn't write it up is that the pebble level varies so much, and often reveals an uninterrupted sweep into the underlying bedrock - so what's in and what's out?

Another factor was that the starting holds - like many low holds at coastal crags - exist in an evolutionary state: i.e. they get broken into sharp edges during a storm, then subsequently and gradually they are worn back into rounded features.

tomc

• player
#3 angel bay - bridey arete
August 21, 2005, 01:23:30 pm
cheers for the knowledcge - does look like an obvious line, but with all the variables, i suppose there isnt much point putting it in the guide!!

ill just say a quick big up respect to rhys whom i went to milestone buttress with, yesterday, he did monkey see!! i didnt have the guts - theres some real height on that beast -
anyone suggest an E grade if applicable - ive seen routes that size in the peak!
maybe E3 6a???

tomc

• player
#4 angel bay - bridey arete
August 22, 2005, 11:21:22 am
ola senior ecuador!
if they speak spanish there?!?
he did the problem thats on the left arete of the offwidth - the one on the right looks proper tough!!
back off to sheff 2morrow - come the peak when ur back on british soil g!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal