UKBouldering.com

this months climb mag (Read 9896 times)

webbo

• forum hero
#50 this months climb mag
August 21, 2005, 09:03:01 pm
i've just watched a fairy tale -a true story.its a classic.

oh sorry wrong thread.                          or is it.

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#51 this months climb mag
August 21, 2005, 09:33:59 pm
Why post, only to erase it hours later?!

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#52 this months climb mag
August 21, 2005, 09:42:28 pm

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#53 this months climb mag
August 22, 2005, 08:09:38 am
Quote from: "andi_e"
Quote from: "SA Chris"
You should make up some beta cheaters for Scotland Andi, as to you everything up here is easy.

Look dude, i was being tounge-in-cheek when i sadi everything was easy, obviously it's not, but the grades were so much softer than back in lancashire, font 6a= font 5 and so on, so i was surprised when i flashed something which we would only grade as V2 in lancashire, and the project that was marked on the topo was easy as i thought. i never meant to cause any offence (not in a serious way, more in a jocular matey way) to any one person, so just chill dude! justa young tearaway who doesn't mean what he says exactly. hyperbole.

It's hard to recognise when something is said tongue in cheek online, same as it's hard to recognise when you are being wound up (like I was winding you up).

To be honest Andi, you would have done yourself a few favours not making yourself look silly by contacting a local activist or two before claiming new problems, as well as investigating the "controversial" name of your "new" problem.

For what it's worth, Luaths isn't really held in much regard locally, and got into the guidebook based a rush of enthusiasm by the developers at the time, who admit in hindsight that it is OK, but nothing much. I have been once and that was ample for me. There has been considerable development elsewhere since, and if you had bothered to contact a local before you came up here you cound have been pointed at some much better venues.

Also I dont think you can describe yourself as a young tearaway, only really call other people that.  :roll:

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#54 this months climb mag
September 20, 2005, 11:03:17 am
Sorry to drag this one up, but I have to point out the highlight of the magazine...

Page 45, "Gavin Symonds on the easy classic Loftgroover HVS 5a, Berry Head Quarry, Devon"

....FA Fiend 1996 or something like that. "Easy classic" eh!  :D I'm shamelessly really rather chuffed with that (although I did a VS just left that I reckon was better). Made my day it did.

Though the rest of the mag was pretty good - I like the article on the number of serious accidents this summer, and the encouragement to get people to climb on Peak limestone.

* wanders off mumbling "easy classic" to himself... *

Stubbs

#55 this months climb mag
September 20, 2005, 11:29:13 am
What's the Beta cheater this month?

My free subscription just ran out, and i am trying to decide whether it is actually worth paying for climb magazine.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#56 this months climb mag
September 20, 2005, 11:33:29 am
I seriously doubt it

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal