UKBouldering.com

Sardinia Info? Please and Thank You? (Read 2874 times)

CanadianDave

• regular
Sardinia Info? Please and Thank You?
August 08, 2005, 07:47:46 pm
Maybe I missed it when skimming through the posts already in this forum but i was looking for information on Sardinia and couldn't find any.

I have about a week to spend somewhere with a friend who doesn't want to devote an entire week to bouldering (lame) so I thought sardinia's beaches might distract her while i got to climb.

I've been able to find a cheap ryan air flight to one of Sardinia's airports but dont know if its anywhere near where the bouldering is or anything.

So any information anyone has on Sardinia's bouldering, beaches and accomodations would be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks a million!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Sardinia Info? Please and Thank You?
August 08, 2005, 08:20:02 pm
Dave went there recently but can't find the thread with his piccies - hopefully he'll see this when he next logs on.

dave

#2 Sardinia Info? Please and Thank You?
August 08, 2005, 11:26:56 pm
there was a website with load of info on called http://www.sardiniablock.it/ but it appears to have gone down.

i only went to a couple of places round the north end of the island, which were nice when you're there but i wouldn't travel from the UK specifically for them. people who go to sardina sportclimbing who don't really boulder always mention capo testa as a place with "excellent bouldering", and it is a superb place with amazing rock architecture and climbable rock, but not any really bouldering in the sense that you will want. the north end might not even have the best bouldering (theres stuff all over the island the size of wales) but its a blinging place anyway. most of the rock i climbed on there was a bit crystally and unstable on a small scale, i.e. on big stuff like aretes and cracks it was Ok, but if you tried to use a face hold or crimp a crimp you were pulling shit off, crystalls breakign off under your feet etc.

try google for some more info maybe

if you want general holiday info on the beaches/biatches and accomodation try the lonley planet guide, its very good. we were just staying in the standard expensive tourist hotels. don't let the car hire give you a daewoo (nee chevrolet) matiz, they are shite.

some photos:

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#3 Sardinia Info? Please and Thank You?
August 09, 2005, 07:30:47 pm
There's bouldering around capo testa / st theresa in the north, but those phot's look so good I'm going to have to show the wife!

dave

#4 Sardinia Info? Please and Thank You?
August 09, 2005, 07:54:42 pm
most of the above photos are around capo testa/st teresa.

zemike

• regular
#5 Sardinia Info? Please and Thank You?
August 12, 2005, 09:30:06 am
go for capo testa! the granite is coarse and usually solid. it becomes more crumbly towards the sea and especially inside the tafoni (cavelike erosions, huecos). as usually theres a smooth transition between jugfest and impossible...
there are 2 good areas around arzachena. and check the valle di luna: tons of henry moore designed boulders and maybe some leftover flower power entertainment.

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#6 Sardinia Info? Please and Thank You?
October 27, 2005, 11:45:18 pm
Quote from: "dave"
most of the above photos are around capo testa/st teresa.

Err yes I know, just thinking of grounds to pursuade her that another trip was needed.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal