UKBouldering.com

Oh For Fucks Sake (Read 21543 times)

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#25 Oh For Fucks Sake
July 22, 2005, 12:44:49 pm
Nice, say hello though I guess most of the guys I knew will have moved on. Make sure you look down when fast-roping ;)

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#26 Oh For Fucks Sake
July 22, 2005, 12:55:23 pm
Hahaha they make the fast rope instructors get an SPA! What's the relevance of that?

For the civvies amongst you :wink:, it involves sliding down a rope from a helicopter with only a pair of leather gloves on. Them Navy boys love it, but often break their ankles.

cofe

• forum hero
#27 Oh For Fucks Sake
July 22, 2005, 12:58:27 pm
Quote from: "Johnny Brown"

For the civvies amongst you :wink;, it involves sliding down a rope from a helicopter with only a pair of leather gloves on.

don't you chafe your winky?

bet you love that you slag :wink:

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#28 Oh For Fucks Sake
July 22, 2005, 01:01:16 pm
Being in the navy always causes winky chafing, though not through fast-roping. I wasn't in the navy mind.

dave

#29 Oh For Fucks Sake
July 22, 2005, 01:07:25 pm
Quote from: "cofe"

i know you bang on about apostrophes but your spelling is shocking man. and don't come the 'i was typing quick' shit with me boyo. back to school it is for you sunshine.

i'd love to train at the School, thanks.

i recon shooting someone with a bomb is probably unlikely to set the bomb of, of course depnding on the type of explosive. I mean if those 4 guys yesterday failed to set them off with detonators then chances are a stray bullet ain't gonna hurt. bearing in mind the army EOD teams can blow up bomb detonators (i.e. controlled explosions) without setting off the main charge. if they were using plastic explosive its pretty inert really. or maybe they had big red sticks of acme TNT with fuses sticking out of the top strapped to an alarm clock, or one of those black spherical bombs we see so much of.

dave

#30 Oh For Fucks Sake
July 22, 2005, 01:09:39 pm
I wasn't in the navy mind.

but i bet you've been to stay at the YMCA though, young man.

JR

• forum abuser
#31 Oh For Fucks Sake
July 22, 2005, 01:11:32 pm
heres my two pennies, unfortunately dave, back to school again.

acetone peroxide the material used in the 7/7 bombings is shock sensitive ( a la gunpowder etc), so shooting through it would probably kill you yes.

should the two separate incidents be related the use of such a material is also likely to be the reason why the bombings yesterday did not detonate, having deteriorated from a batch of material made a few weeks ago, and possibly also used in 7/7.

Interetsingly they just confirmed on the news the guy they shot was one of the bombers yesterday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetone_peroxide

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#32 Oh For Fucks Sake
July 22, 2005, 01:14:07 pm
What is the YMCA? I've wondered ever since I saw that sign over Dense's bathroom door...

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#33 Oh For Fucks Sake
July 22, 2005, 01:20:57 pm
Depends on the type of explosive I reckon - I don't think plastic style stuff would go off if you put a bullet into it.

JR

• forum abuser
#34 Oh For Fucks Sake
July 22, 2005, 01:21:39 pm
Quote from: "Bubba"
Depends on the type of explosive I reckon - I don't think plastic style stuff would go off if you put a bullet into it.
see above

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#35 Oh For Fucks Sake
July 22, 2005, 01:23:33 pm
Quote from: "cofe"

2 crack commandos in our midst. anyone else got a secret past? i guess if any of us are still in the marines we wouldn't tell anyway eh?

I might have. But if I told you I would have to kill you. And from Aberdeen, with the right equipment and my training, that would be a possible.

Bombardier SA Chris.

dave

#36 Oh For Fucks Sake
July 22, 2005, 01:23:59 pm
Quote from: "JR"
heres my two pennies, unfortunately dave, back to school again.

acetone peroxide the material used in the 7/7 bombings is shock sensitive ( a la gunpowder etc), so shooting through it would probably kill you yes.

should the two separate incidents be related the use of such a material is also likely to be the reason why the bombings yesterday did not detonate, having deteriorated from a batch of material made a few weeks ago, and possibly also used in 7/7.

Interetsingly they just confirmed on the news the guy they shot was one of the bombers yesterday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetone_peroxide

I predict a group of large men dresed in black with silver badges, chequerboard stripes and H&K MP5s knocking on the door of chez Roberts in the early hours of the morning.

"yee know too much".

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#37 Oh For Fucks Sake
July 22, 2005, 01:25:05 pm
From a quick search, the only other kind of person who would need killing five times that I could find was 'Camouflage' the 'awfully-big marine' out of Stan Ridgeway's eighties electro-nam-pop classic of the same name. He was said to be the silent type so it probably wouldn't have been worth restraining the terrorist anyway.

And anyway he would swat those bullets "just like they were a fly".

JR

• forum abuser
#38 Oh For Fucks Sake
July 22, 2005, 01:30:07 pm
Quote from: "dave"

I predict a group of large men dresed in black with silver badges, chequerboard stripes and H&K MP5s knocking on the door of chez Roberts in the early hours of the morning.

"yee know too much".

nothing more than you could get from having read the newspaper most days since 7/7 and ptting the information together in there....

Paz

• junky
#39 Oh For Fucks Sake
July 22, 2005, 01:36:03 pm
I'm digging that technical info guys, but I'd juust like to summarize my thoughts:

Two weeks ago I thought they were a bunch of cunts.  

Now it seems they're also a bunch of dicks.

JR

• forum abuser
#40 Oh For Fucks Sake
July 22, 2005, 01:36:05 pm
having just read a little bit more into this stuff, considering its shock sensitive i wouldnt have been putting it in my shoes a la richard reid even if i was that way inclined!  Nutcase.

http://www.vicmord.com/newsletter/january02newsletter1.html

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#41 Oh For Fucks Sake
July 22, 2005, 01:40:06 pm
Pretty much all that JR has said has been confirmed on the radio and in the papers, though probably not in the mail eh Dave?. Most explosives that are easy to make are shock sensitive - the stable ones like semtex and TNT are very difficult to make. We actually made some TNT once - when finished you could stick lit matches on it etc. However we nearly destroyed the building during the making when a reaction suddenly turned out to be highly exothermic. :shock:

dave

#42 Oh For Fucks Sake
July 22, 2005, 01:45:05 pm
Pretty much all that JR has said has been confirmed on the radio and in the papers, though probably not in the mail eh Dave?.

if you mean has anyone posted that information to me, then no. However i should point out that A i don't read the papers cos they are all mainly shite, and B i was in fact being flippant with my original comment to JR :roll: you guys.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#43 Oh For Fucks Sake
July 22, 2005, 01:49:33 pm
I know this isn't particularly a laughing matter, however I keep getting deja-vue about all this debacle...

"You fucking bunch of dickheads. You mean to say we lost eleven men fighting a group of waxworks?  Duncan! Post the heads to their widows. And get the addresses right this time. "

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#44 Oh For Fucks Sake
July 22, 2005, 01:51:57 pm
Point being, A) just presuming a bunch of adrenalin-crazed coppers are getting it all right 'because they're coppers and the papers are mainly shite' isn't always wise.' and B) this is no subject about which to be flippant.

dave

#45 Oh For Fucks Sake
July 22, 2005, 01:58:55 pm
where did i say coppers are always right? and are you suggesting that you consider the eventuality of armed 5-0 turning up at JR's crib too close to the truth for comfort to make a lighthearted comment about? and thirdly, are you on crack?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#46 Oh For Fucks Sake
July 22, 2005, 02:04:31 pm
We actually made some TNT once.....However we nearly destroyed the building during the making when a reaction suddenly turned out to be highly exothermic.

The men in suits and shades will be waiting at your house later :lol:

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#47 Oh For Fucks Sake
July 22, 2005, 02:05:15 pm
:lol:

Well, well, well. They actually caught one of the other terrorists, they're just keeping it quiet I think. I was watching it live yesterday and the police got this man who had run from one of the stations into a near by hospital. He had his shirt fully unbuttoned and the plods put him on the ground at gunpoint and took into a police van.

Anyway i think they were right shooting the prick if they thought there was even a minimal chance he could set of a bomb or pull some other terrorist shennigans.

Also lmao at obi's pic altho once again i don't get it. :?:

Paz

• junky
#48 Oh For Fucks Sake
July 22, 2005, 02:05:47 pm
I think you two are getting side tracked from today's main issue:  they didn't manage to disrupt a sport where an excuse as weak as Bad Light or Afternoon Tea will suffice for an adjurnment.  

What the fuck is going on, it's funny when australia get bowled out cheaply, but not when it happens to us, that's just not the way it's supposed to go.  And now they've already made 84-2.  Loved the 6s this morning though.  I don't care if you get out trying I just love to see the ball up in the air and up in the crowd.

I don;'t read the paper's becasue they're a day late.

dave

#49 Oh For Fucks Sake
July 22, 2005, 02:15:19 pm
Quote from: "Bubba"
We actually made some TNT once.....However we nearly destroyed the building during the making when a reaction suddenly turned out to be highly exothermic.

The men in suits and shades will be waiting at your house later :lol:

careful now bubba, lets not be flippant.

To FOAM - all the people arrested yesterday they say were released without charge.

On an aside (forgive me for being flippant in the face of certian death) I think its a testament to the british nation as a whole that we are not refering to the first load of bombs as "7-7" - that would have really been the final insult.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal