UKBouldering.com

Northumberland (Read 1710 times)

bigphil

• menacing presence
Northumberland
May 26, 2005, 02:34:52 pm
I've been sent at short notice to Berwick-upon-Tweed for the day tomorrow, and I'm looking for some kind of on-line guide to Kyloe with a range of stuff up to about F6c.  I'll probably only get about an hour in depending on the weather.  Any ideas?

dave

#1 Northumberland
May 26, 2005, 02:55:52 pm
There is no online guide to kyloe-in as far as I know. You need either the northumberland bouldering guide (useful only if you run out of bogroll) or fi you buy the recent routes guide that gives you the 4-11. There is a PDF available on climbonline.co.uk but this assumes you know what the problems are already or have one of the existing guides as there is no topo in it. your best bet is download this PDF then either buy the northumberland routes guide or find it in your local library and take a photocopy of the page with the crag photo topo then you can locate the problems. Or take a sneaky cameraphone photo of it in a shop (naughty).

the problems on the main secion from left to right are bad finger, bad company (bottomless hanging flake), catapult (dyno off mono), monk life (concave scoop wall on nothings), monty pythons (dogleg undercut crack to hanging alcove) plus the direct, crouching tiger, crakc of gloom (corner crack facing left), cubby's traverse (low lip trav from COG to pearler), pearler (hanging fist crack), jocks and geordies (low slanting crack to big undercute move to break), yorkshireman (blind diagonal crack then crimps up wall), thin hand special (right facing corner crack), hitchhikers (bottomeless flake thing, off the RH rock or sitting), then the next block along is playing rudies, jump from crimps over lip to top hold.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal