UKBouldering.com

Cae Du tides (Read 2232 times)

BenF

• forum hero
Cae Du tides
May 24, 2005, 08:13:00 pm
I'm planning to try to visit Cae Du for the first time and was wondering how tidal it is.  When can you get on the problems?  How soon after high tide etc?

Any other beta, new problems and recommendations would be appreciated from the North Wales massive.

Thanks in advance.  :?

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
#1 Cae Du tides
May 24, 2005, 08:21:03 pm
When I lived in Bangor I used to just phone the coast guard. I don't if its the done thing but they always seemed happy to help.

BenF

• forum hero
#2 Cae Du tides
May 24, 2005, 08:36:45 pm
Sorry, I know the tide times (I use Easytide for my regular visits to Angel Bay and Porth Ysgo), I just meant when does the water leave the rocks and allow bouldering.  Like how long after the average hightide?

I expect the answer to be a couple of hours after hightide no?

Thanks for the reply and sorry if I was a bit vague...

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
#3 Cae Du tides
May 24, 2005, 10:34:08 pm
Sorry about that Ben I do seem to have answered a question you didn't ask. I'm sure somone will post a more suitable reply soon.

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#4 Cae Du tides
May 24, 2005, 10:40:23 pm
A couple of hours is probably about right. On a really windy day you could get dry rock a bit sooner.

Loads of cool problems to go at, and it always feels different because the pebble levels shift about (bit like Angel Bay). There is an excellent unclimbed (I think) wall (no. 18 on page 260/261) - thin and hard, but definitely possible.

I'm going down to Machynlleth with my family over the BH weekend, so I might nip out for a quick session if the weather and tides fall right.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal