UKBouldering.com

The Gormless arm of the law (Read 4225 times)

underground

• forum hero
The Gormless arm of the law
March 12, 2003, 02:49:40 pm
Jeez, what's with these mad US cop chase programmes on TV? I watched some last ngith where the coppers go buck wild mental crashing into the 'reckless' suspect and end up nearly killing themselves.

And then the white toothed good guy comes on and goes on about how the suspects had total disregard for the innocent, when in all probability, if the babylon weren't afetr them in such a gung-ho manner, they'd have tootled along just nice.

Well, I'll just leave you to condider that one- after all, you'll have plenty of time

IN THE STATE PENITENTIARY!!!!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Re: The Gormless arm of the law
March 12, 2003, 03:04:19 pm
Quote from: "underground"
And then the white toothed good guy comes on

That man is way scary - he's like an action man doll or something...

underground

• forum hero
#2 The Gormless arm of the law
March 12, 2003, 03:06:55 pm
But isn't he just the most sincere guy you've ever seen? I especially like the wide pans they use to introduce him, so you can see all the 'crimes' going on behind him....

dave

#3 The Gormless arm of the law
March 12, 2003, 03:08:40 pm
I ain't got a clue what you are all on about, but for some reason all i can think of is Brasseye....

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#4 The Gormless arm of the law
March 12, 2003, 03:12:33 pm
The program "worlds scariest police chases" or something like that, presented by some heinous redneck cousin of Dubya's with scaryily shiny white teeth and a fixed grin.....

...but on a more serious note

...quelle surprise....

underground

• forum hero
#5 The Gormless arm of the law
March 12, 2003, 03:13:53 pm
I'm surprised you ain't been in no TV cop chase, G. Rollin' along the South Central intersection in tha 5-0, busting caps off at the Po-lice with you Uzi out tha window...

dave

#6 The Gormless arm of the law
March 12, 2003, 03:21:44 pm
One o' my homies Joe from back in the day once told me about him watching one o' deez programs and he saw some Gz he knew giving the rozzers the proper runaround in Dinnington, using local knowledge to dodge the stingerz etc. I wish i'd have seen it. I don't think they had an AK though.......

underground

• forum hero
#7 The Gormless arm of the law
March 12, 2003, 03:25:29 pm
I once saw one of the geeky kids from my school falling through the paper shop window at meadowhead on Crimestoppers or summat like that.

Before all this friendreunited malarkey, I always found that The Star's court report was a useful way of keeping up with the Gz from my hood...

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#8 The Gormless arm of the law
March 12, 2003, 03:30:10 pm
check what the DEA can do in the States - http://www.2600.com/news/view/article/1553

Wha!? These people haven't even been convicted of owt - dang peegs!

Paz

• junky
#9 The Gormless arm of the law
March 12, 2003, 03:39:37 pm
Quote from: "dave"
the proper runaround in Dinnington,.......

Bigup the Dinno Massif!

Saw a chase for real down the Portway unner tha bridge on the west side.  G does a handbrake turn when there's a rozzer in front, goes back down the other direction only there's another rozzer.  Chopper hovering above, G jumps the central reservation to go on the wrong side of the road and burns up a right turn they ain't got covered and makes a getaway.  Only later to get caught after about a minutes being persued on foot.  With retrospect I should have given out a yeee hoo hoo hoo hooh yee hah dukes of hazard style in their honour.

dave

#10 The Gormless arm of the law
March 12, 2003, 03:45:12 pm
Was there some upbeat twangy banjo chase music playing?

underground

• forum hero
#11 The Gormless arm of the law
March 12, 2003, 03:52:45 pm
Talking of Brasseye, have you seen the DVD special with the alternative dru9s film on it, with a soundtrack comprised of a bunch of bums getting merry on the spesh and talking over the whole thing? Pure class...

dave

#12 The Gormless arm of the law
March 12, 2003, 03:55:56 pm
Yeah i bought that DVD t'other week. My biatch is just about sick of seeing it now, i've had it on that much. That whole drugs episode is genious, like at the start asking that dealer for some "triple sod" and "yellow bentines".

"Cake is a cranabolic, bisturbile amphetamoid....."

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#13 The Gormless arm of the law
March 12, 2003, 03:57:42 pm
That episode is  mint - that's the first B.E. I saw, I didn't even know what it was but just stumbled across it - well funny  :)

underground

• forum hero
#14 The Gormless arm of the law
March 12, 2003, 04:00:04 pm
Oh farkin' 'ell not Tony Blair.

I was particularly amused by the fact that one of the winos sounds exactly like Jagger off his napper.....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal