UKBouldering.com

what kinda bellend volunteers for this shit? (Read 1749 times)

dave

what kinda bellend volunteers for this shit?
January 12, 2005, 12:36:43 pm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4167565.stm

and i thought we were weird going out every week and grinding our fingers against rough rock.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Do you get to wear a gimp mask?

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
Don't knock it - its an excuse to torture zealots.  I bet there's no real need for it and no papers will ever be published.  Wires from the equipment will lead to a grinning Richard Dawkins and his pain-o-tron ("... and that's for the Dark Ages you cross-carrying cretin.... fetch me the cock-punch simulator!").

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
"Volunteers will have a gel containing chilli powder or heat-pad applied to the back of their hand to simulate pain."

Sounds less painful than the average bouldering sesh. I reckon if you said that you'd get an 8a tick for it most climbers could happily put up with a lot more pain than that all whilst taking the piss out of eveyone else..

Paz

• junky
You don't want to know how far I'd go for an 8a tick.  
It sounds less painful than those two fools eating 6 plates of Chillis, ranging from normal Kebab Pickles, through Scotch Bonnett to Thai Birds Eye, on ITV just for a grand or two for their team kitty.  I'd have said fuck off, we'll let that one go to charity.  One guy didn't puke up afterwards.  I mean you'd much rather have a little bit on the back of the hand than 6 plates back out of the shitter wouldn't you?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal