UKBouldering.com

Wanted: old model Unparallel Sirius UK9 (Read 1069 times)

andy_e

• forum hero
Wanted: old model Unparallel Sirius UK9
August 14, 2024, 12:35:49 pm
...just in case anyone has a pair of the old dark blue Sirius before they redesigned and made the new ones look rubbish, have a worse heel, and bag out/fall apart quickly in decent nick they'd be willing to part with.

Failing that, recommendations for similar-fitting shoes to the old dragons before they got ruined too... thanks all

andy_e

• forum hero
Kind of. I aready phoned them up to check, but the picture on the website is wrong.

mr chaz

• obsessive maniac
Oh no! I've just ordered the new light blue ones heavily discounted from Rock and Run, really hoping you're talking rubbish  :wall:

andy_e

• forum hero
Maybe I just got a bad batch, and I'm also very fussy about heels as I find it really hard to get a good fit!

mattsparksy

i_a_coops

• forum abuser
    • Ian Cooper
I think the new LV (red) is basically the same as the old blue?

I've never tried them on back to back to compare (and have given up on Unparallel shoes in general as they just don't seem to last for very long) so unsure about the exact differences (I think maybe the heel might come up ever so slightly lower on the red?) but they're definitely pretty close.

mattsparksy

Id agree about them not lasting too long. I love the shoes and I'll continue to but them but I find the build quality tenuous sometimes.

Having said that they seem to be one of the few players in the market that are continuing to make new shoes.

andy_e

• forum hero
I think the new LV (red) is basically the same as the old blue?

Problem is the LVs only go up to 8.5 UK, so I'm not sure they'd fit! Anyone got any experience on this?

Thanks for all your replies so far!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal