UKBouldering.com

BMC Peak Area meeting - Wednesday 31st July (Read 780 times)

reeve

• obsessive maniac
Hi everyone,

The next Peak Area meeting is this Wednesday. BMC local area meetings are open to everyone (member or not) as a forum to discuss local issues and hear about the latest news in access and area opportunities. The main events at this meeting will be discussion on the recent de-bolting at High Tor (and elsewhere), and the new BMC president, Dominic Oughton, coming to introduce himself.

Come join at the Sir William in Grindleford, meeting (with chips) starts at 7pm. Afterwards we will be treated to a talk by Mike Cheque, producer of climbing films like 'Stonnis' and 'The Seaside'.

Andy

https://community.thebmc.co.uk/Event.aspx?id=4550

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Do we bring along drills or angle grinders??

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
Bolters wear a red carnation, grinders wear a white carnation, scrap in the car park after the meeting.

nik at work

• forum hero
Just a heads up, the road from Hathersage to Grindleford is currently closed. AFAIK the actual closed point is by the Sir William, don’t know if you can get to the parking?

Bradders

• forum hero
Bolters wear a red carnation, grinders wear a white carnation, scrap in the car park after the meeting.

https://youtu.be/ipsPgNEmAXI?si=8N-bOlYOuzoC1qQO

Dom - BMC President

Hi Peak People
I’m planning to head to Stanage on Wednesday afternoon ahead of the Area Meeting for some gentle exercise and a bit of banter. Yes, I know it’s going to a tad sweaty, but the bottom of a grit crag just seems an easier spot to chat to people between routes, and I’m mostly there for the opportunity to meet folks.

I’ll plan to be at or around Black Slab at 2pm – wearing a CAC T shirt (as always). I don’t imagine we’ll stray very far from there, but I’ll have my phone with me 07778 873512. Great if you can come along and feel free to spread the word. Failing that, see you in the pub!  :icon_beerchug:

Cheers, Dom

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal