UKBouldering.com

Daddy G (Read 804 times)

BenF

• forum hero
Daddy G
October 22, 2004, 09:32:17 am
No, I'm not refering to Dave the true UKB pimp daddy G, but instead to he of Wild Bunch/Massive Attack fame.

Anyone else just got his DJ Kicks mix thats just appeared?  Rather splendid I thought.  If you ain't got it and you like all things dubby/dancehall etc its worth seeking out (which shouldn't be too hard at all unless you still buy records in Woolworths).  Some lovely less common mixes of more recent stuff and some dancehall classics that are cool to get together on one 70 minute mix (check out the frnech language version of No no no).

And another thing, the Massive Attack/Mos Def track towards the end is truly outstanding with one mofo of a bassline.  Could definitely annoy my neighbour in the flat above soon.  :lol:

dave

#1 Daddy G
October 22, 2004, 09:39:03 am
any track with mos def on carries an guarantee of quality! even the one with craig david

BenF

• forum hero
#2 Daddy G
October 22, 2004, 09:46:35 am
Quote from: "dave"
any track with mos def on carries an guarantee of quality! even the one with craig david

Erm, I ain't heard that track, but I'll take your word for it.

And  yet another thing...  I got the Daddy G mix playing now and would like to make reference to the utter joy of discovering that it includes Johnny Osbournes classic "Budy Bye".   What unrestrained euphoria!

And now Barrington Levy is doing his usual crazy yodel shit. :lol:  I must have played this CD about 10 times since getting it two days ago.  Its even forced me to stop playing that glorious DJ Format mix at last.  Another true gem of hip hopishness BTW.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal