UKBouldering.com

Yet More Corona (Read 1663 times)

rich d

• forum hero
Yet More Corona
May 05, 2020, 02:16:15 pm
I know, more Corona shit - but these options seem to span the comments from various posters (although one or two are slightly more vociferous than others). But I'd be genuinely interested on what people think as I keep seeing surveys in the tabloids and wondered where the UKB hive is without having to read 900 pages of reposted virology research  :P.
Don't have to comment as there's enough of that elsewhere.
Cheers Rich

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1 Re: Yet More Corona
May 05, 2020, 02:38:59 pm
Lax about restriction levels, or lax about timing of restriction?

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#2 Re: Yet More Corona
May 05, 2020, 08:05:59 pm
You haven't got an option for too lax indoors/in town and too strict outdoors.

rich d

• forum hero
#3 Re: Yet More Corona
May 06, 2020, 08:19:48 am
I was trying to make it easy for a snap shot, so too lax for me covers both timing and or the actual restrictions.

ali k

• junky
#4 Re: Yet More Corona
May 06, 2020, 08:41:30 am
Not enough nuance in the question/options. I can’t answer it, but that’s not because I don’t have a strong opinion.

abarro81

• forum hero
#5 Re: Yet More Corona
May 06, 2020, 09:09:53 am
Ditto to the above - none of the options covers my opinion

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#6 Re: Yet More Corona
May 06, 2020, 09:31:20 am
Timing - much too lax

Level of restrictions would have been about right if the timing wasn't much too lax

Offwidth

• forum hero
    • Offwidth
#7 Re: Yet More Corona
May 06, 2020, 09:50:38 am
Too simple a poll so I need to answer it with words. Given the information from SAGE the government timing was exactly right. SAGE unfortunately had too much emphasis on unproven modelling (using a flu based model) and too little from medical staff and those with experience managing epidemics. According to the famous Times report a key video conferenece had a cascade of errors where those few with expertise in epidemic response had technical problems or were absent.

If they had locked down a week earlier the measures might have been strict enough but they were not (R is still too high). All indications are the government expected less public compliance (from their behavioural experts input) so it was stricter than they expected. On it not being strict enough, I can see a way out for most of Europe but we don't look to have enough of a gap to R=1 yet. With the high level of infection currently in the population any easing now puts us in trouble very quickly.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal