UKBouldering.com

The Remote Services Thread (Read 2036 times)

James Malloch

• forum hero
The Remote Services Thread
March 20, 2020, 01:05:18 pm
No idea if this could take off - but could be useful for anyone going through tough times...

To keep sane I’ve bought some low parallette bars & rings. I’m not sure what I want to achieve with them yet but it’s one of the few things I could fit on the boat which doesn’t take up much room to store...

I’ve looked up some basics online but if anyone has lost work due to COVID-19 (or knows someone who has) and wanted to hold a remote lesson on helping me get to grips (pun intended) with how I can use them to help build general strength/shoulder stability I’d happily pay for the service.

Obviously I’d prefer someone who’s knowledgeable and can assess my current level on exercises (maybe via video call?).

Feel free to post up if you’re looking for some kind of service which could be offered remotely too.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1 Re: The Remote Services Thread
March 20, 2020, 01:26:02 pm
I'm thinking of getting a TRX Suspension set, can easily hook up to a rafter in the roof of the lounge with a few screw in hooks, does anyone know good from bad that I can get online? £50 or so looks to be the going rate.

abarro81

• forum hero
#2 Re: The Remote Services Thread
March 20, 2020, 01:34:06 pm
I'm thinking of getting a TRX Suspension set, can easily hook up to a rafter in the roof of the lounge with a few screw in hooks, does anyone know good from bad that I can get online? £50 or so looks to be the going rate.
We have  Deathlon version, pretty sure it was a lot less than that and does the job

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#3 Re: The Remote Services Thread
March 20, 2020, 01:57:42 pm
I've got these gymnastic rings. Very good and way cooler than TRX.

James, I might be able to help. Wouldn't want paying directly but you could make a donation to a bolt fund or something.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#4 Re: The Remote Services Thread
March 20, 2020, 01:58:35 pm
We have  Deathlon version, pretty sure it was a lot less than that and does the job

These?

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/dst-100-blue-red-id_8559625.html

Unfortunately says not available online :(

abarro81

• forum hero
#5 Re: The Remote Services Thread
March 20, 2020, 02:01:22 pm
Similar to those ones.. I imagine there's been some major home gym equipment panic buying!

tomtom

• forum hero
#6 Re: The Remote Services Thread
March 20, 2020, 04:09:51 pm
Similar to those ones.. I imagine there's been some major home gym equipment panic buying!

Good shout - might risk a trip to decathlon.

tomtom

• forum hero
#7 Re: The Remote Services Thread
March 20, 2020, 04:15:32 pm
Chris - if I go want some?

SA Chris

• forum hero
#8 Re: The Remote Services Thread
March 20, 2020, 04:21:53 pm
Thanks TT, I might try source locally. Or Make my own out if old rope and slings, give me something to do...

Trail

#9 Re: The Remote Services Thread
March 20, 2020, 04:24:35 pm
No idea if this could take off - but could be useful for anyone going through tough times...

To keep sane I’ve bought some low parallette bars & rings. I’m not sure what I want to achieve with them yet but it’s one of the few things I could fit on the boat which doesn’t take up much room to store...

I’ve looked up some basics online but if anyone has lost work due to COVID-19 (or knows someone who has) and wanted to hold a remote lesson on helping me get to grips (pun intended) with how I can use them to help build general strength/shoulder stability I’d happily pay for the service.

Obviously I’d prefer someone who’s knowledgeable and can assess my current level on exercises (maybe via video call?).

Feel free to post up if you’re looking for some kind of service which could be offered remotely too.

Hi James, i'm sure the guys at https://www.mytherapyphysio.com/ would be up for helping if you contact them - great ppl and climbers, would highly recommend. Have had to cancel a load of their work and are looking at doing some online classes etc

remus

• forum hero
#10 Re: The Remote Services Thread
March 20, 2020, 05:15:33 pm

I was in decathlon yesterday, there was about 500g of weight plates left!

SamT

• forum hero
#11 Re: The Remote Services Thread
March 20, 2020, 07:24:05 pm
Our yoga classes have obv been cancelled, but have moved online. H did her first one this morning at home and said it worked really well.  Used an app called Zoom I think.

Seemed like everyone could see the teacher, and she could see everyone else.

I can see quite a lot of growth in areas like this on the back of the crisis.

James Malloch

• forum hero
#12 Re: The Remote Services Thread
March 22, 2020, 09:45:02 am

Hi James, i'm sure the guys at https://www.mytherapyphysio.com/ would be up for helping if you contact them - great ppl and climbers, would highly recommend. Have had to cancel a load of their work and are looking at doing some online classes etc

Thanks, trail. I'll give them an email later!

If it doesn't work out I'll probably be in touch, Duncan! Just feeling sorry for those self employed who going to be losing a lot of work because of this.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal