UKBouldering.com

Caseg groove (Read 2201 times)

sharkey

• addict
Caseg groove
October 08, 2004, 08:59:28 pm
I know its a bit lame asking for beta on a V5 but i'm flumuxed, i tryed this top problem a few weeks ago inbetween heavy rain showers, reaching the big hold at the top of the little groove and failed to throw for the distant jug just as the the heavens opened up.
I live on the other side of the country, so i'm not able to re visit at mo and its bugging me. Is there some trickery you can use to reach the hold or is it just a case of get your feet high and sort of dyno for the big hold?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Re: Caseg groove
October 08, 2004, 09:09:24 pm
Quote from: "sharkey"
I know its a bit lame asking for beta on a V5

Not at all - this board may have lots of strong folks on it, but I'm sure almost all of them will have struggled their way up V5s in the past.

dave

#2 Caseg groove
October 08, 2004, 09:11:28 pm
when you get to that good incut hold atop the groove, feel around for the best bit for your left hand, probably slightly laying away off it facing left. paste your feet up high, facing left a bit  and slap up with right hand.

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#3 Caseg groove
October 09, 2004, 08:08:46 pm
Actually it can be done leading with either hand. Tall people tend to lurch over the top with their right hand (feet in an egyptian). Stumpies tend to back hand the top of the juggy hold and just throw optimistically with their left hand; feet in same place, but knees twisted slightly the other way.

It may be V5, but it ain't no pushover, especially the first time you do it. When you latch the top hold, expect the biggest of Cheshire grins! Pure class.

Dutch Master Killa

• regular
#4 Caseg groove
October 11, 2004, 06:47:01 pm
I reckon lurching with the left hand is far easier n I aint no stumpy jack, about 5, 11"/6ft.  But each to their own!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal