UKBouldering.com

Brimham, Triangular Roof, Rachael's Box and RB Variation. (Read 2109 times)

Smith42

• regular
Does anyone know the rules/beta  for these?

I started RH on undercut and LH on layaway near top of ramp then worked LF up to sit on heel and flagged RF under, finished up/off right side of arete.  Also started similar but got RH high on ramp and went up left side of arete but didn't use green pocket with small tree.

Don't know if that's Rachael's Box and Triangular Roof or RB Variation?

Any advice?

Stabbsy

• junky
I think the first one is Rachael's Box and the second is the variation - at least, that's the way I interpreted the guidebook descriptions. I did them in a similar way, but without a heel - there's a small foothold left of the flake.

I've tried but never been able to work out where Triangular Roof goes, although I think I've seen a video (on here somewhere) of Martin Parker doing it since I last tried it. To be honest, even with the video, it still made no sense as I don't remember there being any holds!

36chambers

• forum hero
triangular roof here @ 15:15

What I consider Rachael's Box Variation to be is @ 4:17

Rachael's Box is the same first few moves but going RH out right to the right lip. Which I think is what you are saying anyway :)

I split two tips trying triangular roof and didn't do it in the end. Felt desperate but it was pretty green...

Stabbsy

• junky
Exactly that - thanks for searching out the videos.

I had a similar experience on Triangular Roof. I think there's a bit of bramble near where your left heel goes that could do with pruning as it scratches your leg to bits if you have more than a go or two.

Smith42

• regular
Thanks, that's cleared it up nicely. 

Also now know how to climb Pablo!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal