UKBouldering.com

[Yorkshire][Yeadon Crag][Silk Road][7A] (Read 2607 times)

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
[Yorkshire][Yeadon Crag][Silk Road][7A]
February 19, 2017, 08:28:12 pm
Ben Finley and I did a new thing up at Yeadon yesterday. Really nice counter-line to Tom Peckitt's roof problem (The Thread). Start to the right of it at an obvious slot and climb out past the scooped cleft to join the finish of The Thread.

This is The Thread

We also nipped along to Cow Close as Ben wanted to bear witness to the Hell's Mantel boulder. We settled for a combined tactics ascent.

dave

#1 Re: [Yorkshire][Yeadon Crag][Silk Road][7A]
February 19, 2017, 08:47:41 pm
Christ that looks like Mothers Pet Rock, only more so.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
#2 Re: [Yorkshire][Yeadon Crag][Silk Road][7A]
February 19, 2017, 08:56:20 pm
I have word that Dave Sutcliffe and Dan n' Ned visited the Hell's Mantel Boulder and did FOUR, yes FOUR, new problems. Having been back now and reminded myself just how impossible a lot of it looks, I must say that's staggering.

carlisle slapper

• menacing presence
#3 Re: [Yorkshire][Yeadon Crag][Silk Road][7A]
February 19, 2017, 10:34:31 pm
When it's called hell's mantle It's going to attract enthusiasts! We were missing Bransby but otherwise i think we had a good team. We were keeping it on the DL as there's the sitter to your combined tactics one to go still. (Ned and i did a high stand off stacked pads at 7C+ish mantle grade) The jump start to the boss on the left was the easiest at 7A+ish, i did a sitter into that at 7C/+ish and Ned did a stand start mantle between the two which looked slightly less than impossible for Ned (got that on vid, right heel in the vague dish) I also did the problem on the left arete from sitting at 7C+ ish which jumps out off bad slopes from the rhs in the break and turns the arete to its LHS. The one with the mono looked possible but needs a +6ft mantle and mono enthusiast who boulders in the high 8's. Interestingly only one of the mantles went with heel up tactics, the others were all bad smear and slappy tricep affairs.

Great boulder, thanks for sharing, we had a great day and i thought the problems at yeadon were good too.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
#4 Re: [Yorkshire][Yeadon Crag][Silk Road][7A]
February 19, 2017, 11:40:36 pm
Thanks for the info. On the left arete, did you rock around the corner to the big break and then top out?

Heinous stuff. If you fancy dropping me a PM me some names and grades I can get the mini-guide for the crag updated.

william buck

• regular
I would suggest that all of Dan's grades should be taken with a pinch of salt :L Sutty did a new line on the right today starting in the same place as the 6c but going up to and along the arête instead of along the break. Pretty cool and reasonably tricky (mid 7's?). Top bloc, still a few bits to do...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal