UKBouldering.com

Conspiracy Theories (Read 16600 times)

dave

#25 Conspiracy Theories
September 02, 2004, 02:52:24 pm
Quote from: "Paz"
in my book anything uncorroborated is bullshit.

I may quote you on that in an email soon. :wink:

Paz

• junky
#26 Conspiracy Theories
September 02, 2004, 03:29:48 pm
If we're not talking about bringing down the governments of the free world then absolute proof is perhaps not strictly necessary.  In life we also have good faith, gentlemans agreements, and the benefit of the doubt, which sometimes are more appropriate standards.

dave

#27 Conspiracy Theories
September 02, 2004, 03:34:07 pm
nice backpedal! :wink:  :lol:

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#28 Conspiracy Theories
September 02, 2004, 03:50:54 pm
Quote from: "Paz"
If we're not talking about bringing down the governments of the free world then absolute proof is perhaps not strictly necessary.  In life we also have good faith, gentlemans agreements, and the benefit of the doubt, which sometimes are more appropriate standards.

Agreed. Or better still try to weigh up each individual situation on its own merits, without prior assumptions/predjudices.

webbo

• forum hero
#29 Conspiracy Theories
September 02, 2004, 03:57:23 pm
where would we be without a good dose of paranoia in the world.well out of job myself. :wink:

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#30 Conspiracy Theories
September 02, 2004, 04:00:05 pm
I've not read that book that FOAM posted, but the idea that the Bush administration carried out 9/11 to instigate it's "war on terror" - unlikely perhaps, but notimpossible.

it's a great read Bubba. in my opinion the most convincing thing about the book is that, unlike guys like moore, the guy writing it went into the book with absolutley no pre concieved notions about 9/11. he writes down the facts and lets u decide what happened without trying to get his personal opinions across.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#31 Conspiracy Theories
September 02, 2004, 09:54:30 pm
i can't understand who's actually saying what? it's like reading one of si's descriptions :crazy:

si

• regular
#32 Conspiracy Theories
September 03, 2004, 11:55:08 am
The FBI finding a terrorist passport in the street hours after the WTC attacks and presenting it to the media gives me faith in the goverments honesty (it also worries me that they obviously assumed the population would accept such a miracle)  :!:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#33 Conspiracy Theories
September 03, 2004, 06:06:09 pm
I've just been reading some of the 911 Report and it's version of how Flight 93 went down (deliberately crashed by the hijackers just before the passengers broke into the cabin) does seem pretty convincing.

In which case, either there was a good coverup, or the reports of debris being found 8 miles away were misreported. A large plane crashing at over 500mph is going to to a fair way, but it's not going to go 8 miles. If the debris was just paper or similar,  then I suppose it could have been blown there by the time it was found, but if it was heavy debris then somebody is lying.

I guess we'll never really know, which is why such conspiracy theories can sustain themselves.

Of course the biggest one of them all is the one about the moon landings being faked, but hopefully the Japanese LUNAR-A will be able to clear that up once and for all when they find empty McDonalds thick shakes on the surface......

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#34 Conspiracy Theories
September 03, 2004, 06:16:57 pm
in my opinion by far the scariest one, because it did actually happen was Unit 731. i think it was in the 50's, the japanese government began to 'steal' citizens from their homes and perform medical tests, experiments and operations on them. bloody awful. denied at first but some admitted and accounted for now.

http://www.technologyartist.com/unit_731/

the states helped them cover it up as well. no surprises their then. :roll:

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#35 Conspiracy Theories
September 03, 2004, 06:23:55 pm
Kamada still finds it difficult to talk about, Kamada took a scalpel with no anastethic, to a Chinese prisoner, or "log," as the Japanese euphemistically called their victims. "I inserted the scalpel directly from the log's neck and opened the chest," he told an Japanese interviewer, at the time anonymously. "At first there was a terrible scream, but the voice soon fell silent."

jesus christ.  :puke02:

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#36 Conspiracy Theories
September 03, 2004, 06:25:45 pm
http://www.aiipowmia.com/731/731mnu.html

i actually feel physically sick after reading all that.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#37 Conspiracy Theories
September 03, 2004, 07:32:46 pm
Nice - very reminiscent of some of the "research" that the Nazi's carried out.

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#38 Conspiracy Theories
September 03, 2004, 08:35:56 pm
yeah, but in terms of absolute cruelty (not scale) the japs far outdid himmlers boyz. makes u think how those fuckers sleep at night? i would seriously, personally execute every last 'doctor ' that ever worked on 731 or a death camp.  :sniper:

did u ever see that program (louies weird weekends or summit i think twas called) where he went stay with some neonazis for a weekend. instead of saying grace (which is lame enough in my opinion) before sunday lunch they sang some anti-semantic bullshit.

they had 2 kids under 10 that were singing it as well :shock:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#39 Conspiracy Theories
September 03, 2004, 08:45:39 pm
Think you mean anti-semitic :lol:

But don't get me started on the far right racist muthafuckas  :twisted:

I've spent a lot of time on other forums battling BNP supporters, and other such cnuts. Have a look through the BNP website or sites like redwatch - these people are twisted.

Just found this one http://letsroll911.org/ - check the video of a missile hitting the towers just before the plane does - I mean ffs a massive jet full of fuel really needs a missile as well - and didn't anyone notice the missile's strapped to the front of the planes :roll:

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#40 Conspiracy Theories
September 03, 2004, 08:46:35 pm
Quote from: "Fingers of a Martyr"
) before sunday lunch they sang some anti-semantic bullshit.

Those crazy neo-nazi they just can't stand the old wordplay :wink: .

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#41 Conspiracy Theories
September 03, 2004, 08:55:02 pm
I've spent a lot of time on other forums battling BNP supporters, and other such cnuts

fightin losing battles an all that there bubba... :roll:

everyone needs someone/something to hate but choosing to express towards a race of people is just wrong. period. they're just ignorant twats who have shit empty lives. on the other hand i can't stand all this macho black male crap that seems to be constantly displayed by popular rap music/films/telly etc and can see to a point why people are attracted to groups like the BNP when (and this is a fact by the way so no one start accsuing me of being racist) 75% of all gun crime in britain is commited by one black male towards another.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#42 Conspiracy Theories
September 03, 2004, 09:08:21 pm
Not really - the BNP people I've encountered on forums have soon run out of answers when you start to get on their case really pull their arguments apart. Especially when they pretend not to be racist  :wink:  :roll:  They adopt emotive agenda to stealthily further their nasty cause...

Yes, I agree, everyone loves somebody to hate, but unfortunately racists aren't all ignorant twats. you meet highly educated racists. I reckon Nick Griffin is an intelligent, coherent man, but then he is a holocaust denier....I don't know, it's a different mindset.

Yeah, gangster rap can be pretty offensive, but it's almost become a parody of itself imho - bitches/ho's/money/guns/cars/bling/ice/gold/etc/etc - but in many cases again, it's just the media....what MTV plays....and perhaps what the white TV/Film bosses want us to believe - it's easy to cash in on a stereotype isn't it? And you can't blame guys from the ghetto wanting to earn a shitload of money by conforming to that stereotype, can you?

Look beyond what the mainstream media portrays.......

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#43 Conspiracy Theories
September 03, 2004, 09:32:58 pm
Yeah, gangster rap can be pretty offensive, but it's almost become a parody of itself imho - bitches/ho's/money/guns/cars/bling/ice/gold/etc/etc - but in many cases again, it's just the media....what MTV plays....and perhaps what the white TV/Film bosses want us to believe - it's easy to cash in on a stereotype isn't it? And you can't blame guys from the ghetto wanting to earn a shitload of money by conforming to that stereotype, can you?

by shooting each other :!:  :?:

i personally don't buy into that arguement too much. i believe in equality for all decent people regardless of skin colour etc but the idea of the 'repressed blackman' is pretty last century in britain.
i would put all my money (thats right all £40 of it :8)) on that there is by far more homophobia in britain than racism.

yeah actually i was talkin out me arse when i said a lot of them were ignorant twats. your average burberry wearin scally probably is racist cos his mates/dad / are/is and is a thick cunt.

but the people who campaign and write books/leaflets etc actively promoting anti-semitic (semantic :?:   :roll:  ) :wink: racist behaviour obviously know how to spread their poison.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#44 Conspiracy Theories
September 03, 2004, 09:45:09 pm
by shooting each other :!:  :?:

I didn't mean the people who are actually in a ghetto shooting each other, I meant the people glorifying that lifestyle by rapping about it in a certain way...

i personally don't buy into that arguement too much. i believe in equality for all decent people regardless of skin colour etc but the idea of the 'repressed blackman' is pretty last century in britain.

Isn't most "gangsta rap" American? There is a serious racial divide in the States, way more than here. And it's easy to say that the "repressed black man" is last century but I've met black men who've been picked up in Sheffield by the police van and beaten to shit for no reason other than their colour, so I'd have to disagree with you there.

But anyway, it's not all a race issue - have a listen to that Skinnyman LP and you'll hear much the same things, but in a different accent and coming from a white guy from London.

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#45 Conspiracy Theories
September 03, 2004, 09:56:22 pm
And it's easy to say that the "repressed black man" is last century but I've met black men who've been picked up in Sheffield by the police van and beaten to shit for no reason other than their colour, so I'd have to disagree with you there

and i know some one who's mate was put in hospital for unknowingly walkin through a 'no-go for whites' area in manchester so it doesn't just happen to black people.

but i will admit the police doing it is a bit more scary. but that certainly isn't to say it is a common occurence.

oh and i forget to say putting someone like 'Victor' on big brother didn't do much for racial tolerance :wink:

anyway i'm off i've gotta write an essay on Plato's theory of forms :roll:  now there's a nonsensical prick if there ever was one :saythat:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#46 Conspiracy Theories
September 03, 2004, 10:05:51 pm
Absolutely - racial prejudice works in many ways but if you look at our society, the balance of power generally tips one way.

But yeah, a white man being attacked or put down on the basis of his colour / race / religion is just the same thing.

re the police - I think it's surprisingly common, check the Macpherson report...that was pretty damning of what goes on in the police force.  If you look at deaths in police custody, those from racial minorities are way over-represented...

Victor :D

That guy was funny - about as gangster as a pussycat  :lol:

dave

#47 Conspiracy Theories
September 03, 2004, 10:20:57 pm
the idea of the 'repressed blackman' is pretty last century in britain.

most rap stuff comes from places like LA and New York, where there is/was loads of shit going on (look at the LA riots), so you can't say its all rubbish. Of course if you listened to hiphop instead of metal then you'd know that. :roll:

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#48 Conspiracy Theories
September 03, 2004, 10:42:37 pm
Fingers of a Martyr wrote:
the idea of the 'repressed blackman' is pretty last century in britain.

most rap stuff comes from places like LA and New York, where there is/was loads of shit going on (look at the LA riots), so you can't say its all rubbish. Of course if you listened to hiphop instead of metal then you'd know that.

the emphasis being on 'Britain' dave. :wink:
i dont know much about whats going on in america and i'm not going to pretend i do.

dave

#49 Conspiracy Theories
September 03, 2004, 11:03:17 pm
yeah, you said you didn't get the black thing in rap music cos you didn't think it existed in britain, but as i say most rap is from the USA, so you're not going to see what they're rapping about in the UK are you?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal