UKBouldering.com

Font - avoiding Calais? (Read 8170 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
#25 Re: Font - avoiding Calais?
December 24, 2015, 12:14:49 pm
I would do Hull Rotterdam/ Zeebrugge every time given the choice. From leaving home to being on holiday in less than an hour.
On recent trips we tend to eat in the Brasserie rather than the self service resturant more expensive but you get the table for the evening if your trying to avoid the likes of TomTom on a booze cruise :icon_beerchug:
I always manage to find your cabin though Webbo ;)

webbo

• forum hero
#26 Re: Font - avoiding Calais?
December 24, 2015, 12:24:55 pm
In your dreams :-*

tomtom

• forum hero
#27 Re: Font - avoiding Calais?
December 24, 2015, 12:49:50 pm
Bobbing around on a big tub full of seamen...

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#28 Re: Font - avoiding Calais?
December 24, 2015, 01:22:25 pm
I think you mean the moonight lounge Tomtom
That's how I roll....

(On ferries anyway!)

And off them as well.

crazy climbing pete

• regular
    • ChedelaBloc
#29 Re: Font - avoiding Calais?
January 06, 2016, 05:29:57 pm
I always stick to the old familiar Dover-Calais and had no problems last June, when it was all kicking off. Nice and peaceful, not a worry.

That said, March before last, a friend went Portsmouth-Le Harve and reckoned it was much better. Avoided London if you're coming from the West of the country, apparently (i don't know how) he said it avoided Paris and he said it was a much nicer drive. I've not done it but it's worth a thought.

JamieG

• forum hero
#30 Re: Font - avoiding Calais?
January 06, 2016, 06:09:32 pm
I've only done the Hull-Zeebrugge crossing once, and it was also the only time I've played Bingo. With massively pissed OAP Geordies on a booze cruise. That pretty much sums up the crossing. Loved it! :-)

a dense loner

• forum hero
#31 Re: Font - avoiding Calais?
January 06, 2016, 11:00:39 pm
Portsmouth Le Havre is a bit of a mare. It's ok if you're coming from Devon, or even better Portsmouth, but anywhere else and it's a trial with lots of scenery. Wouldn't recommend it.

andy_e

• forum hero
#32 Re: Font - avoiding Calais?
January 07, 2016, 09:05:26 am
I've only done the Hull-Zeebrugge crossing once, and it was also the only time I've played Bingo. With massively pissed OAP Geordies on a booze cruise.

Hull-Zeebrugge is the shit.

Quote from: Large woman being supported by four others trying to get down the stairs
I am so fucking ratted!

crazy climbing pete

• regular
    • ChedelaBloc
#33 Re: Font - avoiding Calais?
January 07, 2016, 10:59:32 am
Portsmouth Le Havre is a bit of a mare. It's ok if you're coming from Devon, or even better Portsmouth, but anywhere else and it's a trial with lots of scenery. Wouldn't recommend it.

They were going from North Wales but i think they stopped off at parents house en route. Just had a look at the map and see what you mean. All depends where you're heading from, but i always go Calais and haven't had any problems last year.

Wood FT

• forum hero
#34 Re: Font - avoiding Calais?
January 07, 2016, 11:04:49 am
I've only done the Hull-Zeebrugge crossing once, and it was also the only time I've played Bingo. With massively pissed OAP Geordies on a booze cruise.

Hull-Zeebrugge is the shit.

Quote from: Large woman being supported by four others trying to get down the stairs
I am so fucking ratted!

I've done Hull-Rotterdam-Font once and it was relatively pain free, overnight sailing and 2.5hour journey.

We had a famous darts player doing a demo of some sort on our crossing and the place was packed full of dart groupies, a rare breed.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal