UKBouldering.com

So what did people get up to this weekend? (Read 17908 times)

Carnage

• forum hero
  • Pommie Bastard
Thanks for the sympathy vote Dave   :lol:

Still only a couple weeks to go, then off to Oz and no indoor shit ever again.  :8)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Are you full on emigrating then?

Carnage

• forum hero
  • Pommie Bastard
Sure am. Being made redundant at the end of this month. Got one-way flights for me and the woman  booked for 13th September, so thats it, goodbye UK.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Effort! My brother's just moved to Brisbane so looking forward to getting out there myself - I've always wanted to emigrate to Vancouver by the missus much prefers Oz....even though she's never been there  :roll:

dave

vancouver would be a bo place to live. hockey and granite - what mo' could you want?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
I loved Vancouver - the laid back people, the BC weed, the North Shore mountain biking and Whistler about an hours drive away. Hard to beat.

Carnage

• forum hero
  • Pommie Bastard
Quote from: "Bubba"
Effort! My brother's just moved to Brisbane so looking forward to getting out there myself - I've always wanted to emigrate to Vancouver by the missus much prefers Oz....even though she's never been there  :roll:

Cheers! Its a bit of aggro, but I was lucky 'cos the missus is an Aussie so getting the Visa was ok.

I loved it in Sydney, was one of the few places that after a few days there I thought 'Yeah, I could live here'. And what with the shit loads of bouldering - A nice change from London.

I'll still be on here, but there'll be no-one around 'cos of the time difference  :cry:

Anyway, anyone coming out there please look me up- I'll be a stranger in a strange land.............

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
    • http://www.hongkongclimbing.com
I've always wanted to emigrate to Vancouver

thats probably gonna be where i end up - Grace can transfer there with Cathay (if we go to the UK or Oz i've no idea what she'd do to bring in the bucks - plus she thinks Oz is full of red-necks, quite probably true...) and in civil engineering i should be able to turn up a job without too much problem

it does look top notch - although friends (from there) say the weathers a bit British.........

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Quote from: "Carnage"
but I was lucky 'cos the missus is an Aussie so getting the Visa was ok.

Yeah, same for my bruv....

Anyway, anyone coming out there please look me up- I'll be a stranger in a strange land.............

One of the guys from ViBouldering has got an account on here - maybe drop him a PM?

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent

I can PM you the e-mail ads of some sound and psyched Sydney boulderers if you like, i'm sure the'd be more than happy to show you round.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Quote from: "hongkongstuey"
although friends (from there) say the weathers a bit British.........

I think they get better summers, but worse winters - I could live with that just for the boarding. 1/2 hour out of town and you're in miles and miles of backcountry - not like our over-crowded island one bit....

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent

One of the guys from ViBouldering has got an account on here - maybe drop him a PM?

Yeah Aaron is a good chap, he's over in the US at the mo but is a good Sydney bouldering contact anyway and will be back in Oz next year I think.

Carnage

• forum hero
  • Pommie Bastard
Quote from: "bubba"

I opened an account of that Forum and was gonna post but it seems very quiet on there ........

To Bonjoy - Yeah that would be great if you would - As long as they don't mind some pommie weirdo emailing them out of the blue  :lol:  - Cheers!

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
I'll let them know i've given you their e-mail ads.

Carnage

• forum hero
  • Pommie Bastard
Quote from: "Bonjoy"
I'll let them know i've given you their e-mail ads.

Nice one, cheers for that. Do you see yourself going back sometime?

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Quite possibly, but have plans to do America first.

webbo

• forum hero
see places to visit.wainstones. for an account of my weekend adventures. sunday was spent watching the cricket with my foot/ankle elevated and iced.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
Quote from: "Bonjoy"
Quite possibly, but have plans to do America first.

just like craig david?

dave

i recon lovejoy needs to trim his beardage down to a hairline crag david beard. that would be bad (which is american for good)

a dense loner

• forum hero
i have no idea what i did this wkend. oh yeh, went n got bit wasted on friday n went to tor on sat, did nothing cept feel sorry for myself, vowed never to drink again n just train. oh n spotted misses bonjoy cos bonjoy was too wrapped up in himself tryin weedkiller footless.  :wink: went to wall on sun, far too hot outside

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
so you've finally come round to training... get yourself indoors, fuck this outdoors stuff, and get strong.   :wink:  I won't tell anyone...

squeek

• junky
Dense and Jim were indoors training at BoulderUK last week when it was nice and sunny outside.   ;)  In fact quite a few people have been putting the hours in when it's been sunny trying to get fit for trips to america and the like...

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
i recon lovejoy needs to trim his beardage down to a hairline crag david beard. that would be bad (which is american for good)

I think an upgrade to a full folk-moses is more on the cards.
i have no idea what i did this wkend. oh yeh, went n got bit wasted on friday n went to tor on sat, did nothing cept feel sorry for myself, vowed never to drink again n just train. oh n spotted misses bonjoy cos bonjoy was too wrapped up in himself tryin weedkiller footless.

I'm just making up for all the times I have to watch the footwork brigade do laps of West Side Story seven different ways whilst I fail miserably to do it at all :roll: .

c.j.d.

• forum abuser
  • Great.
Wento the kentmere boulders - little font etc  Hmmm, not sure!  Beautiful place but the rock was a bit iffy.  Also Trowborrow, and got off the floor there for the first time ever!

tc

• junky
Quote from: "c.j.d."
Wento the kentmere boulders - little font etc

Aye, what a pile of shite Little Font is, to be sure. Did you do Karma of Trees? Now there's another confusing problem.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal