UKBouldering.com

Exit to Eden 7c+ - New Dominatrix Extension by Seb (Read 2361 times)

Kingy

• forum hero
Seb climbed the first of his Dominatrix extensions at Kilnsey in the last few days. I did the second ascent yesterday, a great 35m pitch going to the top of North Buttress. You don't get full recovery at the belay of Dominatrix and the top 15m wall is 7b so its not over til the chains! Well worth doing. The other extension heading right from the lip of Dominatrix is still a project of Seb.

Paul B

• forum hero
He climbed the other extension yesterday; 'Drag Queen' I couldn't get him to commit to a grade other than harder than Exit to Eden.
Conditions weren't exactly prime either...

Kingy

• forum hero
Having done Drag Queen today I would vouch for it being better quality than Exit to Eden but not too much harder. The move right from the break above the lip of the roof is easier than the Dominatrix crux and the top wall is pumpy 7b/+. Exit to Eden's finish is easier (7a+/7b) and less sustained but you have to do the Dominatrix crux. Its a tough call but IMHO, they are both 7c+

Paul B

• forum hero
#3 Exit to Eden 7c+ - New Dominatrix Extension
September 27, 2015, 09:18:24 pm
I think you're correct. Drag Queen has some good moves around the lip and tufa; with a bit more traffic it should clean up into a popular stam route!

Effort to Seb as these must've been a ball ache to sort out.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal