UKBouldering.com

FS: Panasonic GH3 body (Read 1719 times)

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
FS: Panasonic GH3 body
June 23, 2015, 01:32:52 pm
Selling my second camera as I won't be shooting anything that needs two for a while.

Despite working perfectly, it's got cosmetic issues that prevent me asking what it's worth. It's going to be a bargain for someone so I thought I'd let UKBers have first dibs. It's (I can barely bring myself to type this) £275.

The bad first- there's a quite deep scratch in the body next to the shutter button- about 2mm wide and you can see the metal through the paint :slap:. Some of the coating's worn off the glass of the viewfinder too (God knows how I did this!) it's not noticeable when you're using the viewfinder though.

The rest are tiny supercosmetic marks- the black finish is slightly worn off the sides of one of the knobs and some of the screws from where I opened it up to tighten the screen hinge up and the serial number (which I have a record of and is on the box anyway) is almost all scratched off. Fine apart from that- somehow I've managed not to scratch the screen at all!

The good-  it's a fully working GH3! It was top of the Panasonic Micro 4/3rds line until last May and shoots better video than virtually any other DSLR-type thing, way better than anything you'll get at this price. Despite being the biggest M4/3rds body it's still lighter than a DSLR with smaller native lenses- you can use loads of other types of lens with a suitable adapter though.

It's weather sealed, has proper buttons for everything (plus a touch screen), does 50fps at 1080p, has headphone and mic jacks, is built to withstand abuse (see above) has a fully swivellly screen with a nice and stiff action (see above), shoots .mov files, has a nice quick burst rate for stills, etc. etc.

I shot all of the daft Font film that's (still!) on the front page of this forum with it and also used it on every shoot for my Black Rocks film- everything but the aerial shots on the trailer were shot with either this or its twin. Stills examples here. Basically if you take crap photos or videos with it, it'll be your fault rather than the cameras.  ;)

It's boxed with battery, charger, cheesy strap with the make and model woven into it, manuals etc.

Happy to answer any questions- I'll post some pictures of it later tonight.

In Nottingham/ Mansfield but I can deliver it if you don't live too far away. Postage extra otherwise.

:thumbsup:

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#1 Re: FS: Panasonic GH3 body
June 24, 2015, 12:02:37 am
Not for sale any more I'm afraid- turns out it's not in as good working order as I thought...

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures

Wood FT

• forum hero
#3 Re: FS: Panasonic GH3 body
August 08, 2015, 10:14:55 am
cheque what lenses have you used on it?

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#4 Re: FS: Panasonic GH3 body
August 08, 2015, 10:09:19 pm
All native M43rds lenses (Stonnis was mainly the Panasonic 12-35mm & 35-100mm for the climbing and Olympus 45mm for interviews, the Font film was virtually all the Panasonic 14mm pancake) - if you don't mind the lack of autofocus you can use pretty much anything with the right adapter/ "speed booster" though. I've never bothered with that though as I've never wanted to spend money on lenses that wouldn't be much use for stills.

When I got into a phone signal area after climbing today I found the camera had sold though- sorry if you were interested.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal