UKBouldering.com

Verdon Camping (Read 2401 times)

cjsheps

• obsessive maniac
  • The Hero Gotham Deserves.
Verdon Camping
May 02, 2015, 09:07:04 pm
Not about JB's diet or buy-to-let, but anyway...

Some friends and I are planning on a month-or-so trip to the Tarn and Verdon. A casual google has brought up the possibility of a cheap campsite called "Camping Jean Paul". Is it still open, and do people recommend it?

As normal, I don't really know what I'm in for yet, so any other advice regarding climbing at the Hulk and Ramirole sectors, rest day action etc would be much appreciated.

Cheers UKB.

abarro81

• forum hero
#1 Re: Verdon Camping
May 02, 2015, 09:55:39 pm
Not climbed at Hulk or Ramirole. Only time I've been there we had van so just stayed in that.
Ramirole is on the other side of the gorge from the main camping places (in La Palud), so you'll either need to drive round (1hr+?) or doss on that side of the gorge somewhere

cjsheps

• obsessive maniac
#2 Re: Verdon Camping
May 02, 2015, 10:13:02 pm
Ah. That'll be a big-ass gorge then.

webbo

• forum hero
#3 Re: Verdon Camping
May 03, 2015, 10:18:40 am
If jean pauls is the place I think it is I'd be suprised if he's still alive. When you went to pay he would insist on a glass of Pastis, he would get a glass usually  spit on an old rag and wipe it out before filling it!!!

Paul B

• forum hero
#4 Re: Verdon Camping
May 03, 2015, 09:22:47 pm
If jean pauls is the place I think it is I'd be suprised if he's still alive. When you went to pay he would insist on a glass of Pastis, he would get a glass usually  spit on an old rag and wipe it out before filling it!!!

He is still alive and yes it is still open (at certain times of the year). I've previously called and asked if he was open into October to which I got the usual response of "Oui, Oui". However, when the 1st of October rolled around, he closed the gate and told everyone to leave. Realising he'd promised me otherwise I was offered a browning, token banana as a parting gift.

I like his campsite. The Municipal is also nice. Camping "a la ferme" isn't so great but does stay open into October.

webbo

• forum hero
#5 Re: Verdon Camping
May 03, 2015, 09:35:47 pm
We maybe should ask his advice on the refine carbs and healthy eating diet thread. Eat what you like as long it's washed down with gallons of red wine and Pastis and never wash your pots or cutlery.

cjsheps

• obsessive maniac
#6 Re: Verdon Camping
May 03, 2015, 09:53:44 pm
Thanks for the info. Seeing as they don't have a website and my French is dreadful, can you rock up on the day or do you need to book?

Paul B

• forum hero
#7 Re: Verdon Camping
May 03, 2015, 09:55:35 pm
Just turn up and he'll appear.

cjsheps

• obsessive maniac
#8 Re: Verdon Camping
May 04, 2015, 08:27:31 am
Like a drunk French guardian angel. Cheers Paul.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal